Two new suitors have emerged in the chase for Alexis Sanchez, while Man Utd have laid out a plan to land Antoine Griezmann, all in Frida...
Two new suitors have emerged in the chase for Alexis Sanchez, while Man Utd have laid out a plan to land Antoine Griezmann, all in Friday’s papers.
Griezmann Remains United's Top Priority
Jose Mourinho likes the look of Kylian Mbappe and has his eye on Romelu Lukaku, but Antoine Griezmann is the manager's top target for Manchester United this summer -- and Mourinho has enlisted United star Paul Pogba to help complete the signing.
The Daily Telegraph claims Pogba has been trying to allay his France international teammate's fears about the English weather in an attempt to convince him to leave Atletico Madrid for the Premier League and take United's attacking threat up a notch.
United have long been linked with Griezmann, who has 22 goals in all competitions for Atletico this season, and it is reported they have no problem upping the ante in their pursuit by meeting his £85 million release clause.
Long linked with a move to Old Trafford, Antoine Griezmann could join close friend Paul Pogba this summer.
City Queuing Up In Case Alexis Leaves London
Alexis Sanchez has said he'd like to stay in London, but just in case he changes his mind, the Manchester Evening News reports that Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola could be interested in signing the Arsenal forward.
The path from Emirates Stadium to the Etihad is a well-travelled one, and Arsenal fans probably don't need to be reminded that Samir Nasri, Kolo Toure, Gael Clichy, Bacary Sagna and Emmanuel Adebayor have all made the move north in recent years.
The MEN reckons City are ready to spend £200 million overhauling their playing squad this summer, and despite having some of the best attacking players in the Premier League already at his disposal, Guardiola may put aside £50m of his budget for Sanchez.
Conte's Future At Chelsea Hinges On Keeping Hazard
Amid speculation about Antonio Conte's future at Chelsea, the Premier League leaders have decided they cannot sell Eden Hazard in case it further unsettles their manager, the London Evening Standard claims.
ESPN FC reported Thursday that Conte is wanted by Inter Milan, and it is said that any hope of keeping him happy at Stamford Bridge hinges on Chelsea keeping their best players, Hazard among them.
For His Part, The Belgium International Reportedly Has Reservations About Moving To Real Madrid And fears he may not play regularly due to the competition for places in Zinedine Zidane's starting XI.
Chelsea's ability to keep Eden Hazard could wind up determining Antonio Conte's future with the club.
Ancelotti, Bayern Keen On Atletico's Carrasco
According to AS, Bayern Munich want to sign Atletico Madrid forward Yannick Carrasco to replace Douglas Costa, but Carrasco's €100m release clause could present a problem.
A Belgium international, Carrasco caught the eye of Bayern manager Carlo Ancelotti when he was in charge at Real Madrid and subsequently came to the attention of Bayern's board during Atletico's Champions League win against the Germans earlier this season, during which Carrasco scored the only goal of the game.
It is reported that Atletico manager Diego Simeone is fond of Carrasco, whose contract runs until 2022 -- but, as has proven the case in recent years, Atletico will sell if the price is right.
Liverpool Linked With Move For £52m Serie A Duo
Liverpool are set to spend big to bring an Argentine midfielder to the Premier League, according to reports.
Italian press are claiming that the Reds have placed Leandro Paredes at the top of their summer shopping list.
Calciomercato claim that the Roma midfielder could be sold to ease financial issues at the Serie A club, with a £22m price-tag mooted.
Paredes is not a regular at Stadio Olimpico, starting just 10 games in the Serie A this season. The regular substitute, coming off the bench 14 times in the league, will, however, enjoy a spell in the first team after Daniele de Rossi was ruled out with injury.
The report claims that Roma will consider his future over the next two months after they evaluate his performances in the starting 11.
Liverpool were knocked back with a bid for Paredes in the summer, but it appears Reds’ boss Jurgen Klopp is unwilling to give up.
The Merseyside club are expected to spend big in the summer and, according to another Italian outlet TMW, they could splash £52million on Serie A players.
Alongside Paredes, the report links Liverpool with a £30m move for Inter Milan’s Ivan Perisic.
Chelsea are confident of beating Manchester City to the £50m signing of 25-year-old Southampton centre-back Virgil van Dijk. (Daily Mirror)
Real Madrid will have to pay £66m if they want to sign Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea this summer as the 26-year-old does not have a release clause in his contract. (Daily Mail)
Manchester United are ready to offer David de Gea fresh terms that would see the Spain goalkeeper become one of the club’s highest earners, in order to fend off Real Madrid. (Mirror)
Jose Mourinho has told Paul Pogba to reduce his extensive off-field commercial activities and concentrate on his Manchester United career. (Mirror)
Antonio Conte has told Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich he does not want Belgian superstar Eden Hazard to be sold this summer. (Daily Express)
Antonio Conte has targeted Hoffenheim defender Jeremy Toljan to challenge Victor Moses and Marcos Alonso at Chelsea. (Daily Express)
Lionel Messi has reportedly ordered Barcelona to sell Andre Gomes this summer. (Daily Express)
Schalke chief Christian Heidel has played down speculation linking Max Meyer with a move to Liverpool. (Daily Express)
Michael Keane is on his way out of Burnley this summer but the biggest stumbling block to a move will be the sell-on clause due to Manchester United. (Sun)
Gareth Southgate has called Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp to defuse the ill feeling over Adam Lallana’s latest injury on international duty. (Mirror)
Paris Saint-Germain star Javier Pastore has distanced himself from the transfer speculation linking him with a move to Chelsea (Star)
Antonio Conte will be in the ‘driving seat’ when it comes to transfers at Chelsea this summer and Real Madrid’s Alvaro Morata is believed to his No 1 target. (Daily Mail)
West Brom have added Gent winger Moses Simon to their summer wishlist. (Daily Mail)
Hull City defender Harry Maguire this summer as they look to add three defenders, while Burnley’s Michael Keane is also on their list. (Daily Mail)
Tottenham are preparing to step up their bid to sign Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha, 24, with Moussa Sissoko, 27, and Erik Lamela, 25, potentially making way. (Bleacher Report)
Manchester City and Manchester United have both made approaches to sign Bayern Munich’s 22-year-old midfielder Joshua Kimmich. (Kicker)
Manchester United will offer Napoli forward Dries Mertens, 29, a deal that will double his wages. (La Repubblica)
Everton are considering a move for Hull City’s 24-year-old defender Harry Maguire as they look to make three summer signings to boost their backline. (Daily Mail)
Mauricio Pochettino has sent out a reminder of the faith he and Tottenham have placed in Eric Dier as Manchester United circle the England international. (Telegraph)
Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane is ready to sell 25-year-old playmaker James Rodriguez this summer, with the club hoping to recoup most of the £68m they paid for the Colombia international. Chelsea and Liverpool have both been linked with Rodriguez. (AS)
Crystal Palace and France midfielder Yohan Cabaye, 31, is keen to join Marseille this summer. (Bein Sports, via Evening Standard)
West Ham, Stoke, Everton and Sunderland want Dynamo Kiev and Croatia defender Domagoj Vida, 27. (Daily Mirror)
Atletico Madrid are prepared to part with Manchester United target Jose Maria Gimenez – but the 22-year-old Uruguay defender has a £56m release clause. (Mundo Deportivo)
Jose Gimenez: Linked with Premier League duo
Liverpool are in danger of being given a transfer ban over claims they tapped up a 12-year-old Stoke City schoolboy player. (Various)
Borussia Monchengladbach have confirmed Denmark defender Andreas Christensen, 20, will return to Chelsea this summer when his two-year loan spell ends. (Sun)
Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha has met Billy Gilmour’s parents as he tries to prevent the highly rated 15-year-old from joining Chelsea. (Independent)