Man City Close To Bringing In Isco Manchester City are close to sealing a deal for the £30million midfield ace despite interest from Chel...
Manchester City are close to sealing a deal for the £30million midfield ace despite interest from Chelsea and Juventus.
Isco, 24, will have just one year left of his current deal this summer and is certain to leave the Bernabeu as he is unsettled.
The Spaniard came close to signing for City in 2013 but instead chose to leave Malaga for Real after persuasion from Zinedine Zidane.
Guardiola is looking to make changes this summer and is keen to bring in younger players at City.
Isco is an obvious long-term replacement for David Silva, although is more versatile.
Hazard Heading To The Bernabeu
The Madrid duo have been heavily linked with moves away from the Spanish capital this summer as they cannot hold down a spot in Zinedine Zidane's first team.
Isco is reportedly a target for Juventus and Tottenham, while Rodriguez has recently been linked with a return to French side Monaco.
According to Spanish radio station COPE, if Real Madrid do sell the midfield pair they will then launch a bid for Hazard with the cash they bank.
The Belgian has been back to his best this season, scoring 11 league goals for the Premier League leaders.
In Other News
Everton striker Romelu Lukaku, 23, has agreed a new contract with the club worth £110,000 a week - but the deal, which runs until 2022, includes an exit clause if one of Europe's top clubs wants to buy the Belgium international. (Mirror)
Alternatively, Lukaku's new five-year deal could instead be worth £140,000 a week. (Daily Star)
Arsenal's 28-year-old forward Alexis Sanchez could not stop himself from laughing by the end of Tuesday's 5-1 Champions League defeat at home to Bayern Munich. (Telegraph)
Robert Pires says there was no training ground row involving Sanchez last week. The ex-Arsenal midfielder, now a coach at the club, says Sanchez simply walked out of training over a bad tackle. (Mirror, via BeInSports)
A renowned Egyptian archaeologist blamed a bad translator over reports he called Lionel Messi "a half-wit" following the 28-year-old Barcelona forward's recent visit to the African country. (El Mundo - in Spanish)
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola wants to focus on signing English players, with Arsenal's 25-year-old midfielder Jack Wilshere - on loan at Bournemouth this season - among his targets. (Telegraph)
Guardiola is also interested in Tottenham's 20-year-old midfielder Dele Alli and left-back Danny Rose, 26, and Sunderland goalkeeper Jordan Pickford. (Manchester Evening News)
Sunderland are expecting City to make a bid for Pickford, 23, in the summer. (ESPN)
Rose is taking longer than expected to recover from a knee ligament injury, but Spurs hope he will be back in April. (London Evening Standard)
A West Ham fan who ran on to the London Stadium pitch to confront Chelsea forward Eden Hazard faces a lifetime ban from the ground. (Mirror)
Barcelona are set to bid £25m for Southampton's Portugal right-back Cedric Soares, 25.(Sun)
Chelsea defender David Luiz, 29, says it is his "dream" to one day return to Portuguese club Benfica "as a player or a manager". (Sapo, via Sport TV)
Former Middlesbrough striker Fabrizio Ravanelli, 48, and ex-Chelsea defender Albert Ferrer, 46, have applied for the vacant Motherwell job.(Express)
Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish has rubbished reports that the club are in talks with Spurs about selling 24-year-old forward Wilfried Zaha. (Croydon Advertiser)
Chelsea are set to open talks with Serbia midfielder Nemanja Matic, 28, over a new contract this summer. (Mirror)
The agent of Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski has said there is nothing in rumours linking the 28-year-old Poland international with Manchester United. (ESPN)
Bournemouth defender Steve Cook is a £7m target for West Brom and the 25-year-old could also earn his first England call-up. (Daily Mail)
Pep Guardiola is set to give Brazil midfielder Fernandinho a 12-month contract extension this summer. (Sun)
Former Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri has turned down an offer to become the new Wolfsburg manager. (Leicester Mercury)
Chelsea striker Diego Costa has said his training ground bust-up with manager Antonio Conte earlier in the season was "nothing". (ESPN)