Matteo Darmian’s Manchester United future has been cast into further doubt, as several clubs join...
Matteo Darmian’s Manchester United future has been cast into further doubt, as several clubs join the queue to sign Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla.
Inter Milan appear to be first club to make a firm approach for Manchester United and Italy defender Matteo Darmian, according to Leggo.
The 26-year-old’s days at Old Trafford look set to be numbered as he continues to struggle to find a way into Jose Mourinho’s first-team plans.
Darmian has yet to start in any Premier League game so far this season and his agent has already revealed that he willassess the full-back’s options in January if his appearances are kept to a minimum.
Juventus are also reportedly interested, but the Nerazzurri have apparently offered just short of £1million to take him on loan in January with a view to making the deal permanent for a further £12.5million in the summer.
The report states, though, that Manchester United value Darmian at £16.2million and reluctant to negotiate a compromise.
Arsenal Face Risk Of Losing Cazorla
Atletico Madrid, Sevilla and Valencia are all ready to pounce for Arsenal midfielder Santi Cazorla if the Gunners continue to hesitate over offering the Spaniard a new contract.
The midfielder is heading toward the final six months of his current deal at the Emirates, and he is still in dark over whether it will be extended for another year despite impressing in midfield alongside Francis Coquelin.
Cazorla has repeatedly spoken of his desire to stay with the north London club he joined in 2012, but Fichajes believe a return home is on the cards for the 31-year-old.
Cazorla came through the ranks at Covadonga and Oviedo before a spell at Recreativo was sandwiched in between two stints with Villarreal. He then spent a season with Malaga until Arsene Wenger brought him to England.
Manchester United have added Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s sons, Max (10) and Vincent (eight), to their academy alongside Kai Rooney (The Sun)
Tottenham are interested in signing Real Madrid and Spain midfielder Isco, 24, in January or next summer (ESPN)
Championship side Nottingham Forest are close to agreeing a £50m sale to an American consortium (Telegraph)
Antonio Conte, 47, still has the trust of Chelsea and is staying as their manager despite sudden speculation he was close to losing his job (Sporting Life)
Former Aston Villa captains Gabriel Agbonlahor, 30, and Micah Richards, 28, could still have a future at the club under new manager Steve Bruce (Daily Mirror)
Watford striker Troy Deeney can earn an England call if he keeps up his form, according to Hornets boss Walter Mazzarri (London Evening Standard)
Chelsea winger Willian, 28, will miss Saturday’s home game against Leicester City after being granted compassionate leave following the death of his mother (Daily Mail)
Sunderland striker Jermain Defoe, 34, says ‘soft’ players have made excuses for the team’s poor start to the Premier League season (The Sun)
Chelsea midfielder N’Golo Kante, 25, must make a bigger impact – starting against his former club Leicester City on Saturday – says former Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp. (London Evening Standard)
Ex-Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has backed former player Mario Balotelli, 26, to score 20 goals for Nice this season (L’Equipe)