Members of Team Nigeria continued their Rio 2016 Olympic Games adventure on Day four. Chierika Ukogu continued her impressive showi...
Members of Team Nigeria continued their Rio 2016 Olympic Games adventure on Day four.
- Chierika Ukogu continued her impressive showing at the Games as she progressed for the semi-final of the Women’s Singles Sculls Rowing event in Brazil.
- Ukogu finished fifth in Quarterfinal 3 and after initially confusion over her status, she was confirmed for a place in the semis.
- She is now the first Nigerian to qualify for the semi-final of the Rowing event.
- It wasn’t the same story for D’Tigers who lost their second game of the Olympics to Lithuania.
- Nigeria’s Senior Basketball team lost 89-80.
- Nigerian tennis star Aruna Quadri was knocked out of the Games by world number one, Long Ma
- Quadri started calmly but Ma dominated the game to dispatch the Nigerian in straight sets 11-4, 11-2, 11-6, 11-7.