Members of Team Nigeria continued their Rio 2016 Olympic Games adventure on Day four. Chier...
Members of Team Nigeria continued their Rio 2016 Olympic Games adventure on Day four.
- Chierika Ukogu continued her impressive showing at the Games as she progressed for the semi-final of the Women’s Singles Sculls Rowing event in Brazil.
- Ukogu finished fifth in Quarterfinal 3 and after initially confusion over her status, she was confirmed for a place in the semis.
- She is now the first Nigerian to qualify for the semi-final of the Rowing event.
- It wasn’t the same story for D’Tigers who lost their second game of the Olympics to Lithuania.
- Nigeria’s Senior Basketball team lost 89-80.
- Nigerian tennis star Aruna Quadri was knocked out of the Games by world number one, Long Ma
- Quadri started calmly but Ma dominated the game to dispatch the Nigerian in straight sets 11-4, 11-2, 11-6, 11-7.