Liverpool are set to raid Newcastle for a key midfielder, while Leicester believe Riyad Mahrez ...
Liverpool are set to raid Newcastle for a key midfielder, while Leicester believe Riyad Mahrez will snub interest from Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester City.
Liverpool Close On Duo
Jurgen Klopp has lined up Newcastle’s Georginio Wijnaldum to bolster his midfielder, while the Liverpool boss is also close to bringing in defensive reinforcements.
Liverpool have been attempting to sign a central midfielder all summer but have been thwarted in their pursuits of Borussia Monchengladbach’s Mahmoud Dahoud and Piotr Zielinski of Udinese.
And according to The Times and The Daily Telegraph, the Reds are now set to bid £20million for Holland international Wijnaldum, with the 25-year-old likely to leave Newcastle following the club’s relegation to the Championship.
Tottenham and Everton are also understood to be interested in Wijnaldum but Liverpool have already held informal talks and a deal could be concluded as early as this week.
Meanwhile, Ragnar Klavan is poised to arrive at Anfield in a £4.2million deal from Augsburg.
The 30-year-old, who played against Liverpool in the Europa League last term, will act as cover for the injured Mamadou Sakho.
The Daily Telegraph report that Klopp may still look to sign another central defender following the departures of Kolo Toure and Dejan Lovren, plus the injury to Joe Gomez.
Mahrez Wants Dream Move
Riyad Mahrez is set for a dream move to Barcelona after telling Leicester he wants to leave according to the SUN.
The PFA Player of the Year rejected a bumper new contract with the champions this weekend.
Claudio Ranieri has a special place for his players thinking about a different club… pic.twitter.com/uZcAHkmmjN— Bleacher Report UK (@br_uk) July 17, 2016
He has three seasons remaining on his Foxes contract but has instructed his representatives to engineer a move away from the King Power this summer.
- Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba's agent has not set a deadline for the player to complete a move to Manchester United, but all parties want to conclude the deal quickly for the 23-year-old Frenchman. (Manchester Evening News)
- Arsenal will have to pay at least £80m for Napoli's Argentine striker Gonzalo Higuain, 29, with Italian champions Juventus also targeting a move. (Gazzetta World)
- Manchester United are considering a move for Liverpool midfielder Joe Allen, 26, but the Welshman is a top target for Francesco Guidolin's Swansea City. (South Wales Evening Post)
- Everton will make former Manchester United winger Jordi Cruyff their director of football if they fail to bring in Steve Walsh, who is currently head of recruitment at Leicester City. (The Sun)
- New Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has said that Colombian winger Juan Cuadrado, 28, is part of his plans having been on loan at Juventus last season. (Daily Star)
- Serie A side Roma say defender Kostas Manolas is not for sale. The 24-year-old has been linked with a move to Premier League sides Arsenal and Chelsea. (Evening Standard)
- Juventus' 29-year-old defender Leonardo Bonucci has been offered to Manchester City but the Italians are holding out for £50m. (Manchester Evening News)
- City are also ready to rival Manchester United for the £15m signature of West Ham defender Reece Oxford, 17. (The Sun)
- West Ham's Ecuador striker Enner Valencia, 26, is wanted by both Swansea and Lazio but neither club have met his £15m price tag. (Daily Mirror)
- Chelsea are ready to sign AC Milan goalkeeper Diego Lopez, 34, if Asmir Begovic joins Everton. (Gazza Mercato - In Italian)
- Stoke City boss Mark Hughes has ruled out Burnley signing Scotland midfielder Charlie Adam, 30. (Burnley Express)
- Southampton are to open talks with 24-year-old Portuguese full-back Cedric Soares over a new deal after an impressive Euro 2016. (Daily Mirror)
- Tottenham have opened talks with Marseille over an £11m deal for 21-year-old winger Georges-Kevin N'Koudou. (Daily Mail)
- Barcelona and Real Madrid are interested in Valencia's £54m midfielder Andre Gomes, 22. (Super Deporte - In Spanish)