Liverpool have targeted a £21million move for Benfica’s Anderson Talisca, while the race for N’Golo Kante is set to hot up next week wi...
Liverpool have targeted a £21million move for Benfica’s Anderson Talisca, while the race for N’Golo Kante is set to hot up next week with a new suitor preparing a £35million bid, according to Saturday’s newspapers.
Liverpool Set Sights On £21m Talisca
Liverpool are reportedly interested in signing £21m-rated Benfica ace Anderson Talisca this summer, according to reports in Portugal.
The Reds are expected to be busy this summer as Jurgen Klopp looks to mould the squad and Portuguese paper O Jogo claims the Reds have identified the Brazilian forward.
The report, which is carried in both the Daily Mirror and Daily Star, suggests the Reds have already applied for a work permit for the £21million-rated star.
They have already moved to improve their attacking ranks by securing the signing of Sadio Mane from Southampton – but will sign Talisca with proceeds from the sale of Christian Benteke.
The 22-year-old made just eight starts in all competitions last season, scoring three goals, and it is thought Benfica would not stand in his way if a suitable offer came in.
Paul Pogba Move To Manchester Inches Closer
Manchester United have ‘agreed a world record £102million deal in principle’ with Juventus to sign Paul Pogba, according to reports in the Spanish press.
The 23-year-old has been heavily linked with a return to the Red Devils over the past month, with reports this week claiming they had met with the player’s agent, Mino Raiola, to discuss the move.
Now Spanish daily AS claims United have settled on a world-record £102million (€119.5million) deal in principle with Juventus to bring the player back to Old Trafford.
As a caveat to these reports, however, BBC Sport insist talk that United have agreed a deal with Juventus for Pogba is premature and suggest the possible transfer is “not even out of the starting blocks”.
Any transfer, however, does look like it will step up next week once the player’s involvement in Euro 2016 is over, with the move very much coming down to Pogba’s willingness to return to his former club.
Shanghai To Lodge £35m Kante Offer
The battle to sign N’Golo Kante will reach fever pitch next week, according to various reports on Saturday.
Sven-Goran Eriksson’s club Shanghai SIPG are the latest suitors to emerge for the Leicester midfielder and are determined to blow their rivals for his signature away by lodging a £35million bid for the France star.
Arsenal, Chelsea, Juventus, Real Madrid and PSG have all made enquiries for the 25 year-old midfielder – but had expected his fee to be just over the £20million mark due to a buy-out clause in his contract.
Many of the wealthy Chinese clubs are looking to recruit world stars to boost their emerging Super League. The Leicester midfielder, hailed by Sir Alex Ferguson as the best player in England last season “by a long way” is top of their wanted list.
The Chinese clubs believe they can offer the kind of fee and wages that will scare off European rivals.
Kante arrived last summer in a £4.8m deal from French club Caen last summer and his impact in England has been nothing short of spectacular.
- Jurgen Klinsmann is in talks with the Football Association after becoming clear favourite for the England job (Daily Mirror)
- Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe has emerged as a leading contender to become the next England manager (Daily Mail)
- Arsenal have rejected a string of enquiries for France striker Olivier Giroud (Daily Mirror)
- Real Madrid are ready to compete with Manchester United to sign Paul Pogba, 23, from Juventus for what could be a world record transfer fee (Gazetta dello Sport)
- West Ham have rejected the chance to sign Robin van Persie – even though the former Arsenal and Manchester United striker was willing to take a huge pay cut to join them.
- Manchester City want to complete the signing of 20-year-old Schalke winger Leroy Sane
- swiftly now that the Germany international is out of Euro 2016 (Manchester Evening News)
- Borussia Dortmund have given Liverpool and Middlesbrough target Neven Subotic permission to talk to other clubs, with a fee of £4m expected for the 27-year-old defender (Bild)
- Striker Vincent Janssen was allowed to miss training and cleared his AZ Alkmaar locker on Friday as he waits to complete an £18.8m move to Tottenham Hotspur (Daily Telegraph)
- Chelsea are determined not to give up on Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci – despite Manchester City’s willingness to offer up to £51m for him (Daily Mirror)
- Pep Guardiola will give Joe Hart and Raheem Sterling the chance to prove they can be part of his City revolution, but the England flops have been warned they will be dumped if they do not come up to scratch (The Sun)
- Mexican side Pachuca’s president Jesus Martinez has rejected reports that winger Hirving Lozano, 20, is poised to join Manchester United (Univision)
- Juventus and France star Paul Pogba has told friends he is ready to return to Manchester United after Euro 2016, according to reports
- Eden Hazard has no plans to leave Chelsea this summer and is ready to become a ‘special’ player next season (The Sun)
- West Ham have offered almost £20m for Napoli striker Manolo Gabbiadini, according to Italian media (The Sun)
- Crystal Palace have slapped a £28m price tag on winger Yannick Bolasie (Daily Mirror)
- Arsenal have rejected a £30m offer from Juventus for Chilean striker Alexis Sanchez (Daily Mail)
- Everton boss Ronald Koeman admits a deal for Manchester United’s Juan Mata is possible (Daily Express)
- West Brom have offered striker Saido Berahino a new four-year deal worth £10m in a bid to ward off interest from Stoke and Watford (Daily Express)
- Enner Valencia is keen on a potential move to Lazio, according to his agent (Daily Express)
- AC Milan star Carlos Bacca is on the verge of a £26m move to West Ham (Daily Telegraph)
- Leicester City are pursuing Burnley defender Michael Keane after £16m club-record swoop for Ahmed Musa (Daily Telegraph)