Barcelona and Juventus are chasing Manchester United forward Memphis Depay, while Thomas Verma...
Barcelona and Juventus are chasing Manchester United forward Memphis Depay, while Thomas Vermaelen is keen on a return to Arsenal, all in the morning papers.
Euro Heavyweights Chase Memphis
Manchester United misfit Memphis Depay is wanted by two of Europe’s powerhouses, according to a report.
Both Barcelona and Juventus want the disappointing Dutchman, reports Spanish outlet Don Balon.
The 22-year-old has disappointed since joining from PSV Eindhoven last summer for £25million and Barca are keen to give him a fresh start in La Liga. Barca’s potential move for Memphis depends on whether they get their number one target – Atletico Madrid’s Luciano Vietto.
However, Juventus are also keen and are said to have already lodged a £16.7million bid.
Whether Jose Mourinho will allow Memphis to leave without having a chance to mould the player into a first-team regular remains open to debate.
Vermaelen Keen On Arsenal Return
Former Arsenal centre-back Thomas Vermaelen is trying to broker a deal back to The Emirates, claim reports in Spain
The Belgium defender has made only 11 Primera Liga appearances since he joined the club in 2014 for £15million due to a spate of injuries.
Barca confirmed the signing of French defender Samuel Umtiti this week and left-back Lucas Digne is aslo set to arrive – meaning Vermaelen will be shunted further down the pecking order.
Spanish outlet Sport claim that the 30-year-old is keen to return to the Premier League and Arsenal is his preferred destination, where he made 110 league appearances across five seasons.
West Ham have also shown serious interest, but Vermaelen himself is believed to be waiting to see if Arsenal make a move.
Vermaelen is set to resolve his future before returning to pre-season training next week.
- Manchester City have made a £53m bid for 22-year-old Everton and England centre-back John Stones. (Sun)
- Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba, 23, who is a £100m target for Manchester United, is a “waste of money”, according to France World Cup and European Championship winner Emmanuel Petit. (Daily Mirror)
- Paul Pogba has agreed terms over a £100m move to Manchester United with Juventus legend Gianluca Zambrotta urging the Italian side to cash in. (Sun)
- Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane has given up hope of signing France international Pogba but will keep hold of 23-year-old Spain striker Alvaro Morata. (Independent)
- Sunderland are considering appointing former Everton and Manchester United manager David Moyes if Sam Allardyce takes the England job. (Daily Telegraph)
- Turkish club Besiktas are planning a £25m bid for 30-year-old Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany. (Fanatik)
- Stoke are set to offer around £12m to sign Gabon midfielder Mario Lemina from Juventus. (Guardian)
- While, West Brom are ready to offer £17m for the same player. (Sun)
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic looks set to miss Manchester United’s tour to China with Jose Mourinho wanting to rest his Euro 2016 stars. (Guardian)
- Arsenal’s Chuba Akpom, 20, is set to be their only fit striker for the start of the Premier League season. (Independent)
- Albania coach Gianni De Biasi has thrown his hat in the ring to be the new England boss and vowed to deliver success. (Sun)
- Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is chasing Wolfsburg midfielder Julian Draxler, 22, in a £55m move. (Daily Mirror)
- Liverpool’s new goalkeeper Loris Karius has dropped a big a hint he’ll be starting in the first team this season. (Star)
- The Gunners are ready to make a £42m offer for 25-year-old France and Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette. (Daily Express)
- Leicester City have offered midfielder N’Golo Kante, 25, a new £100,000-a-week contract, but he is keen to move to Chelsea. (Daily Mail)
- Mauro Icardi’s wife and agent Wanda Nara has confirmed Arsenal and Tottenham have enquired about the Inter Milan striker. (Express)
- Pep Guardiola wants to keep defender Pablo Zabaleta at Manchester City, according to reports in Spain. (Express)
- Chelsea are set to swoop with a £25m bid for Brazil star Gabriel Barbosa. (Express)
- But Chelsea have had a £29.2m offer accepted for the dynamic French midfielder. (Le Parisien)
- England defender Luke Shaw, 21, is set to make his first appearance in 10 months in pre-season, after breaking his leg against PSV Eindhoven last September. (Guardian)
- Tottenham are considering a move for Barcelona winger Cristian Tello, 24, after he rejected a move to Liverpool. (Daily Express)
- Turkey midfielder Arda Turan, 29, is keen to stay at Barcelona despite interest from the Premier League, according to his agent. (Guardian)
- Sheffield Wednesday and Hull City are targeting 25-year-old West Brom winger Callum McManaman. (Yorkshire Post)
- Inter Milan captain and striker Mauro Icardi, 23, is being scouted by Tottenham and Arsenal, says his wife and agent. (Evening Standard)
- Turkish club Besiktas want 30-year-old Manchester City defender Aleksandar Kolarov. (Manchester Evening News)
- Everton hope to beat Chelsea to the signing of 25-year-old Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly. (Gazzetta dello Sport)
- Bordeaux defender Lamine Sane, 29, could be on the verge of a move to Hull City. (Hull Daily Mail)