Diego Costa is determined to quit Chelsea and return to Atletico Madrid, while Liverpool have b...
Diego Costa is determined to quit Chelsea and return to Atletico Madrid, while Liverpool have been linked with a £12million swoop for Newcastle’s France midfielder Moussa Sissoko, according to Friday morning’s papers.
Costa ‘Demands’ Return To Atletico
Diego Costa has ‘rocked’ Chelsea by ‘demanding’ a return to Atletico Madrid, according to an exclusive in the Daily Star.
Blues sources had always insisted Costa was happy at Stamford Bridge and fight for his place under incoming boss Antonio Conte. But Costa has now told the club he wants to go – and Atletico have already made their move for the Spain star.
It is understood a £40m initial bid for Costa is now on the table, a fee which could rise with add-ons, with both clubs set for talks over his future in the next few days.
Chelsea are closing in on Belgium striker Michy Batshuayi after agreeing a £33m fee with Marseille.
But they are also expected to target another striker if Costa leaves, with Conte understood to be ready to sign off on the move.
Costa, 27, has scored 36 goals in 78 appearances for Chelsea since arriving from Atletico in a £32m deal two years ago.But he became disillusioned with life in England last season as the Blues endured a nightmare campaign.
Costa also believes he was unfairly treated by Premier League referees and the media last season and is not happy that his reputation has suffered.
Atletico have ambitious plans in the transfer market this summer and have also made enquiries about Napoli’s Gonzalo Higuain and Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
Klopp Targets Sissoko Swoop
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is plotting a £12million move for wantaway Newcastle midfielder Moussa Sissoko, according to reports in France.
Sissoko revealed earlier this month that he will leave the Championship side this summer and that a move to Arsenal would be “a dream”.
However, Arsenal are not interested in the France international having already completed the signing of holding midfielder Granit Xhaka.
According to L’Equipe, Liverpool are now firm favourites to land Sissoko and will step up their chase after Euro 2016.
Newcastle have already rejected a £9m offer from Hamburg for the 26-year-old, with Rafael Benitez keen to keep hold of his best players as he bids to secure an immediate return to the Championship.
But Sissoko is determined to leave Tyneside before the start of the new season and it is thought a bid of around £12m will be enough to persuade Newcastle to sell.
- Manchester City are set to break the £100m spending barrier with Pep Guardiola lining up John Stones and Leroy Sane (Daily Mirror)
- England’s senior players UNANIMOUSLY want the next manager to be from abroad (Daily Mirror)
- Christian Benteke has considered quitting Liverpool for Crystal Palace after experiencing a torrid first season at Anfield (Daily Mirror)
- English MLS star Dom Dwyer, who plays for Sporting Kansas City, was forced to wear a face full of make-up by his wife after losing a Euro 2016 bet (Daily Mirror)
- Leicester are ready to table a take-it-or-leave-it offer in their protracted pursuit of Burnley defender Michael Keane (Daily Mirror)
- Steve Clarke, new Aston Villa assistant manager who replaced Roy Hodgson at West Brom in 2012, says there are three front runners for England with Bournemouth’s Eddie Howe top of the list, along with Alan Pardew and Sam Allardyce (Daily Telegraph)
- Pep Guardiola is in advanced talks to bring Bayern Munich midfielder Thiago Alcantara to Manchester City (The Sun)
- Sam Allardyce and Steve Bruce both want to manage England now as the FA steps up the big hunt (The Sun)
- Ryan Giggs has backed Louis van Gaal to take charge of England alongside Gareth Southgate (The Sun)
- Poland Euro 2016 star Kamil Grosicki could be on his way to Everton from Stade Rennais (The Sun)
- Dimitri Payet’s agent expects the playmaker to stay at West Ham this summer despite strong interest from Real Madrid (The Sun)
- Republic of Ireland’s Euro 2016 hero Darren Randolph will be allowed to leave West Ham this summer (The Sun)
- Manchester United have opened discussions with Juventus over Paul Pogba with the Serie A side holding out for £83m (Daily Mail)
- Atletico Madrid have begun discussions over a move for Chelsea’s Diego Costa as they target a new striker for next season (Daily Mail)
- Jose Mourinho made a secret visit to Manchester United’s stars at the England camp before Euro 2016 to outline his blueprint for their attacking new style (Daily Mail)
- Arsene Wenger has reservations about taking England job and the FA will have to try and persuade the Arsenal boss (Daily Mail)
- Diego Simeone is targeting a big improvement next season after committing his future to Atletico Madrid and says only Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich are better than his team (Daily Mail)
- Antonio Conte’s Chelsea appointment is looking better and better with every passing day, former Blues winger Pat Nevin believes (Daily Star)
- Manchester City have agreed a deal for 19-year-old Ukraine international attacker Oleksandr Zinchenko (Daily Star)
- Manchester United forward Ashley Fletcher has reportedly agreed a four-year deal with West Ham (Daily Star)
- Leicester are battling Paris Saint Germain to land former Newcastle misfit Hatem Ben Arfa (Daily Star)
- West Ham and Everton have been offered Real Madrid ace Mateo Kovacic, according to reports (Daily Star)
- Sunderland striker Steven Fletcher will become a free agent and Sheffield Wednesday could beat Norwich City to the signing of the 29-year-old (Sunderland Echo)
- Barcelona winger Cristian Tello has reportedly turned down a move to Liverpool with Fiorentina his most likely destination (Daily Express)
- Crystal Palace have beaten Southampton, Watford and West Ham to the £13m signing of Newcastle winger Andros Townsend (Daily Telegraph)
- Arsenal have turned down an approach from Juventus for Alexis Sanchez and will switch their attentions to former Manchester United striker Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez (Daily Express)
- Mario Balotelli is heading back to Liverpool after being told to report for pre-season training (Daily Express)
- Ronald Koeman will make Fulham goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg his first signing for Everton (Daily Express)
- Leicester are in talks with Brazilian and Gremio striker Luan Vieira, valued at £20m (Daily Express)
- Brendan Rodgers insists Turkish striker Nadir Ciftci still has a future at Celtic after the striker scored in a pre-season friendly in Slovenia (Daily Record)
- Gonzalo Higuaín’s agent has made it clear that the striker will not renew his contract at Napoli with several English clubs keen on the 28-year-old (The Guardian)