Chelsea are interested in signing Southampton striker Graziano Pelle, while Everton have bid for Juan Mata, according to today’s papers...
Chelsea are interested in signing Southampton striker Graziano Pelle, while Everton have bid for Juan Mata, according to today’s papers.
Conte Wants Pelle Reunion
Graziano Pelle may have been one of the four Italy players to miss a penalty in the defeat to Germany, but departing Azzurri boss Antonio Conte wants to be reunited with the striker once he takes over as Chelsea manager.
On Sunday night the Blues confirmed the signing of Marseille striker Michy Batshuayi, but remain in the hunt for another frontman with doubts over the futures of Diego Costa and Loic Remy, as well as the departures of loan signings Falcao and Alexandre Pato.
And according to the Daily Telegraph, Southampton are willing to let Pelle leave the club for a fee “between £10million and £20million”, while there is plenty of interest in the 30-year-old from clubs in Serie A and the Chinese Super League.
Pelle had been a key figure at St Mary’s under Ronald Koeman, netting 30 times over the past two seasons, but Saints have no current plans to offer the forward, who has 12 months remaining on his contract, a new deal.
Charlie Austin was signed from QPR in January as Pelle’s long-term replacement and the club are set to reinvest the funds from Sadio Mane’s sale to Liverpool.
Everton To Make Mata Move
Everton have emerged as contenders to sign Juan Mata from Manchester United as Jose Mourinho remains unconvinced about the attacking midfielder.
Mourinho sold Mata to United during his second spell as Chelsea boss, despite the Spaniard being the club’s reigning Player of the Year at the time. And the Portuguese’s belief that the 28-year-old is too slow has not wavered since taking over at Old Trafford.
The imminent arrival of Henrikh Mkhitaryan from Borussia Dortmund will push Mata further down the pecking order, and according to the Daily Telegraph, Ronald Koeman hopes he can persuade the diminutive star to move to Goodison Park after it was reported his No. 10 has been given to Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Everton face competition for Mata, who played under Koeman during his first season as a Valencia player, and are understood to have tabled an offer of around £20million.
- Everton are preparing for showdown talks with Romelu Lukaku and insist the striker will not be allowed to leave the club this summer (Daily Express)
- However the Toffees will allow John Stones to join Manchester City for a fee of £50million (Daily Express)
- Former Chelsea interim boss Guus Hiddink is interested in the England job and wants to hold talks with the FA (The Times)
- West Ham and Crystal Palace are interested in former Arsenal and Manchester United striker Robin van Persie, who could leave Fenerbahce in a £4million deal (Daily Telegraph)
- Pep Guardiola has ruled out the prospect of Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi signing for Manchester City (The Times)
- Crystal Palace could sell Yannick Bolasie this summer, with West Ham favourites to sign the 27-year-old winger. (Daily Mirror)
- Dinamo Zagreb winger Marko Pjaca is most likely to move to the Premier League this summer, according to the Croatian club's sporting director. The 21-year-old Croatia international interests Liverpool. (FC InterNews via Daily Express)
- New Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola remains interested in Everton and England centre-back John Stones, despite the Merseyside club wanting £50m for the 21-year-old. (Daily Mail)
- Everton manager Ronald Koeman wants to sign Valencia goalkeeper Diego Alves, 31, this summer. (Deporte Valenciano - in Spanish)
- Real Madrid's Colombian attacking midfielder James Rodriguez, 24, is set to join Paris St-Germain, with talks believed to be at an advanced stage. (Yahoo Sports France via AS)
- Liverpool value midfielder Joe Allen, 26, at £14m. Swansea have bid £8m for the Wales international, who has a year left on his contract. (Daily Mail)
- The European Commission is expected to deliver its verdict on Monday on whether Spain wrongfully handed out tens of millions of euros in state aid to some of the country's top football clubs.(Guardian)
- Chelsea's signing of Belgium international Michy Batshuayi, 22, could force fellow striker Diego Costa, 27, out of the club.(Daily Telegraph)
- Former Real Madrid defender Alvaro Arbeloa, 33, is a target for Championship side Newcastle United.(Football Espana via Sportsmole)
- Manchester United winger Adnan Januzaj, 21, will tell Jose Mourinho he wants to leave if he is not in the manager's first-team plans.(Sun)
- Sunderland boss Sam Allardyce is the only Englishman under consideration for the vacant job of England manager. (Independent)
- Former Chelsea manager Guus Hiddink wants to talk to the Football Association about succeeding Roy Hodgson. (The Times - subscription only)
- Southampton's Graziano Pelle is wanted by new Chelsea boss Antonio Conte, who managed the 30-year-old Italy forward at Euro 2016. (Sky Italia via Inside Futbol)
- Everton striker Romelu Lukaku, 23, wants fresh talks with the club after new owner Farhad Moshiri valued him at £75m. (Daily Star)
- Striker Kelechi Iheanacho, 19, accepts he will not be going to the Olympics this summer after Manchester City blocked Nigeria's attempts to call him up. (ESPN)
- New Southampton manager Claude Puel is eyeing a £12.5million move for Lille defender Djibril Sidibe (Daily Mirror)