Manchester United will battle Juventus, Liverpool and Arsenal to sign Julian Draxler, while the Merseysiders are also emerging as rival...
Manchester United will battle Juventus, Liverpool and Arsenal to sign Julian Draxler, while the Merseysiders are also emerging as rivals to the Gunners for Lyon’s Alexandre Lacazette, according to Wednesday’s newspapers.
Premier League Big Guns Battle For Draxler
Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool are all reportedly interested in signing Wolfsburg star Julian Draxler.
The 22-year-old only moved to the Wolfsburg last summer from Schalke for £25.5million – the club essentially buying him as a replacement for Kevin De Bruyne.
But the Germany international, who has impressed for Joachim Low’s side at Euro 2016, has been linked with a move away from the Bundesliga outfit this summer.
And now France Football claim United, Arsenal and Liverpool are all ready to make approaches to bring the player to the Premier League.The report adds Juventus are also interested in the midfielder, but Wolfsburg won’t allow him to leave for less than £50million.
Last month the Bundesliga club’s sporting director, Klaus Allofs, admitted he will not be listening to offers for Draxler or Andre Schurrle this summer.
Watford Reject Ighalo-Berahino Swap Deal
Watford have rejected a proposed £20million swap deal with West Bromwich Albion involving Saido Berahino and Odion Ighalo.
Albion are looking to sell Berahino for £20m even though he only has one year left on contract and Watford value Ighalo more highly as the 27-year-old only signed a new five year deal last September.
Ighalo has been the subject of lucrative offers from China but has no desire to leave the Premier League.
Stoke are willing to offer £16m for 22-year-old Berahino but Albion are reluctant to let him go for that price while other Premier League sides are also interested.
Watford have held discussions over Berahino but would want any deal to be separate from Ighalo while they have also bought Granada's Isaac Success.
Arsenal To Battle Liverpool For Lacazette
The Daily Express, meanwhile, claims Arsenal will have to fend off interest from Liverpool in the battle to sign Alexandre Lacazette.
The paper claims the Gunners are willing to pay Lyon’s asking price of £34.2m in a bid to pip their rivals for the striker, who missed out on a place in France’s Euro 2016 squad.
It’s claimed Arsene Wenger has already held talks with the striker, but he won’t make his move until he sees whether he can seal a deal for Spain striker Alvaro Morata first. The Real Madrid man is also on Chelsea’s wishlist.
And according to French publication Le10 Sport, Jurgen Klopp is a fan of Lacazette and is also ready to make his move. However, it is thought the Reds’ potential move hinges on Christian Benteke, whose own Anfield future is up in the air.
Crystal Palace have been hovering around the Belgium international, having lodged an improved £31.5m bid for his services.
But if that goes through, Liverpool will apparently use the cash to bring in Lacazette.
- Valencia have rejected a £40m move from Chelsea for 22-year-old midfielder Andre Gomes. (Daily Mirror)
- And Chelsea will face competition for Gomes' signature from Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona, who will also go head-to-head to secure Palmeiras' 19-year-old forward Gabriel Jesus. (Marca)
- Blaise Matuidi has been given time off from France's Euro 2016 campaign to secure a move to Manchester United. The 29-year-old defensive midfielder would follow Zlatan Ibrahimovic to Old Trafford from Paris St-Germain. (Independent)
- Tottenham are set to complete the £16m signing of AZ Alkmaar striker Vincent Janssen, 22. Spurs had an £11m bid turned down in June.(Sun)
- And Mauricio Pochettino will turn his attention to a £17m bid for Newcastle midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum once Janssen's signature is secured. (Daily Telegraph)
- Arsenal are ready to compete with Chelsea to sign Spain forward Alvaro Morata, 23, from Real Madrid - but the European champions must lower their £57m asking price. (London Evening Standard)
- Everton are exploring the possibility of signing Leicester goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel, 29, and are confident of tying up a £28m deal for 27-year-old Belgium and Zenit St Petersburg midfielder Axel Witsel. (Daily Mail)
- Napoli were also keen on Witsel and have now turned their attentions to Udinese midfielder Piotr Zielinski, 22. Liverpool are also interested in the Poland international. (Talksport)
- Juventus are keen on Chelsea midfielder Nemanja Matic, 27. It is thought the Serb is keen to leave Stamford Bridge but the Blues would want £18m. (Talksport via Sportitalia)
- West Ham striker Enner Valencia, 26, is wanted by Lazio. The Serie A side want the Colombian on a season-long loan with a view to a £10m transfer but the Hammers are keen to recoup the £12m they paid for the player. (Daily Mail)
- The Hornets are also hopeful of signing Genk midfielder Wilfred Ndidi, 19, for a fee of £6m. (Daily Mirror)
- Stoke boss Mark Hughes is in pole position to sign Egyptian striker Ramadan Sobhi. The 19-year-old will cost £3.5m from Al Ahly. (Sun)
- Premier League champions Leicester City are interested in Fiorentina striker Nicola Kalinic, 28. (Daily Express)
- Serie A side Sampdoria are interested in Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli, 25. President Massimo Ferrero said that he has "tried to tell" the player to join the club. (Liverpool Echo)
- Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane has called new Celtic signing Moussa Dembele, 19, an "exciting player" and believes Bayern Munich, Monaco and Juventus were all interested in the forward.(Daily Record)
- Iceland international Johann Berg Gudmundsson could become Burnley's first summer signing after Charlton accepted a £2.5m offer for the 25-year-old winger. (South London Press)