Liverpool have targeted a move for Jakub Blaszczykowski, while Arsenal are reported to have o...
Liverpool have targeted a move for Jakub Blaszczykowski, while Arsenal are reported to have offered Wolfsburg £43million for Julian Draxler, according to Friday’s papers.
Liverpool Target Blaszczykowski Raid
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is looking to his old club Borussia Dortmund, with Poland winger Jakub Blaszczykowski, 30, a target.
According to Bild, the player is set to meet with the Bundesliga club on his return from Euro 2016 duty to discuss his future and the enquiry from Liverpool.
Blaszczykowski spent last season on-loan at Fiorentina, but with several players having left Westfalenstadion already this summer, Dortmund may be keen to hold on to him.
Blaszczykowski joined Dortmund in 2007 from Polish side Wisla Krakow on a free. The 30-year-old played under Klopp for six years, winning two Bundesliga titles and finishing as a runner-up in the Champions League final in 2013.
Blaszczykowski scored twice in Poland’s Euro 2016 campaign before they were eliminated at the last 16 stage on penalties by Portugal.
Diafra Sakho Handed In Transfer Request
West Ham striker Diafra Sakho has handed in a transfer request.
The 26-year old was the subject of an £11million bid from Sunderland last month but manager Sam Allardyce is considering switching attention to Lorient forward Benjamin Moukandjo.
Slaven Bilic has made signing a striker his No 1 priority this summer, with the Hammers manager stepping up his interest in AC Milan front man Carlos Bacca.
Bacca has a £25.4m release clause, but Milan are ready to consider offers for lower that amount.
The East London club are working on a deal to bring the Colombia forward to the Olympic Stadium ahead of the new season.
But Sakho's future appears to lie away elsewhere, with Sunderland among the clubs to have now been put on red alert by the former Metz striker's availability.
Allardyce is looking to strengthen the Sunderland squad after narrowly avoiding the drop last campaign is familiar with Sakho from his time as West Ham boss.
Arsenal Submit £43m Draxler Bid
Arsenal have reportedly opened negotiations with Wolfsburg and launched a £43m bid for Germany star Julian Draxler.
The Germany international moved from Schalke last summer in a £26million deal, signing a five-year contract with the club. But that hasn’t stopped the 22-year-old from being linked with another move during this transfer window.
Arsenal have been linked with the winger in recent weeks and now ESPN claim that Arsene Wenger has stepped up his pursuit. It’s claimed the Gunners have offered Wolfsburg £43m for the player – despite their insistence that Draxler is going nowhere.
Draxler made 32 appearances for Wolfsburg last term, scoring eight times. It was reported earlier this week that Draxler was also being monitored by Liverpool and Manchester United.
The Sun, meanwhile, also claims the Gunners have made a bid to Lille for French full-back Djibril Sidibe.
- Former Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini is ready to throw his hat into the ring for the England job (Daily Mirror)
- Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is looking to trim his squad, with up to eight players heading out – including midfielder Joe Allen, 26, despite his impressive Euro 2016 performances for Wales (Daily Mirror)
- Six clubs are after Allen, including his former team Swansea City, Southampton and Spanish side Sevilla (Daily Telegraph)
- Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has held transfer talks over Alexandre Lacazette – but the price remains a sticking point (Daily Mirror)
- Everton boss Ronald Koeman is lining up a move for Southampton striker Graziano Pelle (Daily Mirror)
- Rafa Benitez is hoping to lure Blackburn captain Grant Hanley to Newcastle (Daily Mirror)
- Juventus have risked Arsene Wenger’s wrath by bidding just £26m for star man Alexis Sanchez – £7m less he cost from Barcelona in 2014 (The Sun)
- Leonardo Bonucci could leave Juventus this summer but only to Manchester City, according to reports in Italy (The Sun)
- Premier League champions Leicester must pay £20m to sign Brazilian striker Luan from Gremio (The Sun)
- Middlesbrough hope to sign Borussia Dortmund defender Neven Subotic after flying him in for talks (The Sun)
- Stoke boss Mark Hughes will resist Burnley’s attempt to sign midfielder Charlie Adam (The Sun)
- Former Newcastle full-back Davide Santon is closing on a return to the north east with bitter rivals Sunderland (The Sun)
- Manchester City are set to win the race for Colombian wonderkid Marlos Moreno (Daily Star)
- Paul Pogba is expected to tell Juventus he needs to leave Turin to further his career on his return from Euro 2016 (Daily Mail)
- Leicester City are to finalise the £18m signing of Ahmed Musa from CSKA Moscow after he arrived for a medical (Daily Mail)
- Tottenham Hotspur are ready to pay the £17m asking price of AZ Alkmaar to sign Vincent Janssen (Daily Mail)
- West Ham have opened talks to sign Carlos Bacca from AC Milan and will meet with the player’s representatives this week (Daily Mail)
- Chelsea have firmed up their interest in Kalidou Koulibaly by submitting a £34m bid, according to reports (Daily Express / Daily Telegraph)
- Jose Mourinho does not want Manchester United’s pursuit of Paul Pogba to drag on beyond the Community Shield against Leicester City at Wembley on Aug 7, effectively giving the club a month to try to wrap up a world record £90m plus deal for the France midfielder (Daily Telegraph)
- Cesc Fabregas is facing a battle to stay a first-team regular at Chelsea because Antonio Conte has doubts about the Spaniard’s effectiveness in his preferred tactical system (The Times)
- The FA have consulted Harry Redknapp, Gary Lineker, Rio Ferdinand and Frank Lampard as they continue their search for the next England manager (The Times)
- Rangers are unlikely to offer a deal to American defender Oguchi Onyewu after his trial stint with the club in South Carolina (Daily Record)