Manchester United, Arsenal and West Ham are considering a move for Slovakia star Ondrej Duda, while Tottenham are closing in on the sign...
Manchester United, Arsenal and West Ham are considering a move for Slovakia star Ondrej Duda, while Tottenham are closing in on the signings of two strikers, according to Tuesday’s papers.
Nani Joins Valencia
Portugal winger Nani is set to join Valencia from Fenerbahce on a three-year deal.
The 29-year-old left Manchester United for Turkey in the summer of 2015, having also spent a loan spell back at former club Sporting Lisbon.
During his time at Old Trafford, Nani was part of Sir Alex Ferguson's successful side and won the Premier League four times as well as the 2008 Champions League final.
The deal taking Nani, who was also a reported target of Stoke this summer, to Spain is believed to be in the region of £7.25m.
A statement from Valencia read: 'Valencia Club de Futbol have reached an agreement with Portuguese international Luis Carlos Almeida - 'Nani' - for the player to join the club for the next three seasons.
Manchester United, Arsenal And West Ham Track Duda
Manchester United, Arsenal and West Ham are in the hunt for £5million-rated Slovakia star Ondrej Duda.
The 21-year-old – who is nicknamed Dudinho – was one of the Slovak stars who helped ruin England’s Euro 2016 by forcing a 0-0 draw with the Three Lions in Nice.
He scored their goal against Wales in a 2-1 defeat.And now Polish club Legia Warsaw are ready to let him go to the Premier League if their valuation is met, according to reports in the Daily Star.
Duda’s usual position is playing behind the front line as a No.10 or 8 and now the three Premier League teams are weighing up whether to buy the young talent for a relatively modest fee.
The Slovakian has been at Legia since a 2014 switch from boyhood club Kosice. Duda has 14 international caps and two goals to his name.
Tottenham Poised For Double Striker Swoop
Tottenham are set to finally wrap up the £16million transfer of striker Vincent Janssen this week – and are also looking at two more attacking talents, according to reports in the Daily Mirror.
Spurs have been in pole position to sign the Dutchman since he travelled to England to hold talks with them last month.
PSG and West Ham have both tried to hijack the move by meeting the new, £16million asking price set by his club AZ Alkmaar.
But 21-year-old Janssen has rejected them, making it clear that he only wants to join Tottenham.
Tottenham originally met with the player on the basis that the deal would cost them just £12million.
But AZ Alkmaar hiked up the price after the interest from PSG and West Ham. Spurs have since tried to reach a compromise but look set to accept paying the whole amount.
Boss Mauricio Pochettino has made reinforcements up front a priority this summer after the club’s over-reliance on England striker Harry Kane over the past two seasons.
The club are also keen on 20-year-old Roma striker Antonio Sanabria, the Paraguay international who would cost them £11.5million.
Spurs are also interested in £11.3million River Plate striker Lucas Alario. The 20-year-old made 26 appearances for Argentinian side River Plate last season, scoring 11 goals and providing three assists.
Despite interest from elsewhere, his agent, Pedro Aldave, says Alario will choose Spurs if they meet his release clause.
- England striker Harry Kane, 22, will agree a new £5m-a-year contract with Tottenham this week. (Sun)
- Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho is confident of persuading Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba, 23, to move back to Old Trafford. (Daily Mail)
- United are prepared to break the world transfer record to sign Pogba, and could bid as much as £100m for the France international. (Daily Telegraph)
- Paris St-Germain midfielder Blaise Matuidi, 29, has been given permission to leave France's Euro 2016 base for talks with United. (Goal - in French)
- Everton believe they will edge out Stoke City and Napoli for the signing of 27-year-old Belgium and Zenit St Petersburg midfielder Axel Witsel. (Daily Mirror)
- Manchester City are close to completing another signing, thought to be a £40m deal for Schalke's Germany winger Leroy Sane, 20. (Manchester Evening News)
- Tottenham are set to complete the £16m signing of AZ Alkmaar's 22-year-old striker Vincent Janssen this week, and are also keen on 20-year-old Roma striker Antonio Sanabria, and River Plate frontman Lucas Alario, 23. (Daily Mirror)
- Arsenal are ready to offer Real Madrid's Spain forward Alvaro Morata, 23, a contract worth £144,000 a week to move to Emirates Stadium. (Don Balon - in Spanish)
- Crystal Palace have made an improved, club-record £31.5m bid for Liverpool striker Christian Benteke, having had a £25m offer for the 25-year-old Belgium international rejected by the Reds. (Sun)
- Palace are close to finalising a £12m move for West Ham defender James Tomkins, 27. (Evening Standard)
- Everton are considering a move for Leicester City goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel, 29, who is thought to have a £17m release clause. (Liverpool Echo)
- Toffees manager Ronald Koeman also wants Southampton and Italy striker Graziano Pelle, 30. (Daily Express)
- However, China's Shanghai Greenland are said to be preparing a lucrative offer for Pelle to thwart Everton and Chelsea. (Daily Star)
- Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva, 29, is open to a move to Turkish side Besiktas this summer. (Fanatik - in Turkish)
- Fenerbahce want Newcastle forward Siem de Jong, 27. (Haberturk - in Turkish)
- West Ham and Crystal Palace are among the Premier League clubs to have been offered 32-year-old former Manchester United and Arsenal striker Robin van Persie by Fenerbahce. (Daily Mail)