Arsenal are making plans for life after Arsene Wenger, while Barcelona are chasing Newcastle st...
Arsenal are making plans for life after Arsene Wenger, while Barcelona are chasing Newcastle striker Ayoze Perez as back-up for Lionel Messi, Neymar and Luis Suarez.
Arsenal To Turn To Howe
Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe has been “earmarked” by Arsenal to replace Arsene Wenger when he steps down at The Emirates.
Wenger has 12 months left on his contract and was the no. 1 target for the FA to replace Roy Hodgson at the end of the season.
The Daily Star exclusive claims the Gunners board “would not have stood in Wenger’s way had he wanted to take over as England boss next summer as the FA had originally wanted”.
Apparently the Arsenal board see Howe, 38, who was also on the FA’s short-list, as “being a perfect fit” die to his “attractive brand of football and “adventurous approach”.
Pogba To Complete Manchester United Move ‘By Friday’
Paul Pogba will sign for Manchester United on Friday and is set to become the most expensive player in history, according to reports.
Sources have told calciomercato.com that the France midfield general is going to complete his transfer to the Old Trafford club in the next 24 hours after his agent Mino Raiola renounced part of the 20% revenue from Pogba’s sale.
Jose Mourinho has been tracking the Juve star all summer and it finally looks as though he has got his man for a world-record transfer fee of €115million, including all bonuses and add-ons.
It will make the 23-year-old the most expensive player in the history of football, returning to the club four years after leaving the Old Trafford as a free agent after failing to agree a new deal with former United chief Sir Alex Ferguson.
Juventus had already turned down two offers of Manchester United with the highest believed to be €110 million, plus a €10million bonus.
The Serie A giants, who have already bought Gonzalo Higuain from Napoli for £75million, declined that offer because Raiola would have got the 20% of the transfer fee.
Now though United have also agreed a deal with Raiola, which means that Pogba, who has already agreed personal terms, is going to complete a switch to United in the next few hours.
Chelsea Increase Bid For Napoli Defender
Chelsea have increased their bid for Napoli centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly to £38million, according to reports.
The Blues have chased Koulibaly – who featured in our top five defensive targets for big clubs – all summer, with new boss Antonio Conte a keen admirer of the Senegal international.
Everton are also understood to be interested in the 25-year-old, but according to Sky Italia, Chelsea are in pole position.
Earlier this week, Koulibaly’s agent Bruno Satin confirmed his client would not sign a new deal at Napoli.
“Chelsea still want him and there’s time to close the deal,” Satin said.
“We’ve decided to leave for economic reasons. After what happened to Higuain, though, Kalidou will not be leaving for Juventus or another competitor.”
Alternatively, the Champions League winners accept that they cannot compete for Pogba and are ready to turn their attention to signing Newcastle midfielder Moussa Sissoko with the Magpies wanting £30m for the 26-year-old. (Daily Telegraph)
Everton defender John Stones, 22, is set to join Manchester City for £50m – and the deal could be finalised this week. (Daily Mail)
If City fail to tie up a deal for Stones, manager Pep Guardiola has Juventus centre-back Leonardo Bonucci, 29, as a back-up option. (Daily Mirror)
Everton are already preparing for life without Stones and have earmarked Sunderland’s Lamine Kone, 27, as a possible £14m replacement for their defence. (Sun)
Arsenal have spoken to the agent of Valencia’s German defender Shkodran Mustafi, 24. (Emanuele Giulianelli)
Liverpool outcast Mario Balotelli has been offered a career lifeline with a potential move to Besiktas (Various).
Manchester City centre-back Eliaquim Mangala, 25, could replace Mustafi at Valencia – if City sign Stones. (Sun)
Leicester have agreed a £7.4m deal to sign Bartosz Kapustka from Cracovia. (Mail)
Chelsea have bid £38m for Napoli’s 25-year-old Senegal defender Kalidou Koulibaly. (Sky Italy)
Stoke remain interested in West Brom’s 22-year-old striker Saido Berahino. (TalkSPORT)
Eden Hazard has vowed to repay Chelsea for his “very bad season” and drive the club back to the top of the Premier League. (Express)
Liverpool could be beaten to the £20m signing of 22-year-old Benfica midfielder Anderson Talisca – by Championship side Wolves. (A Bola)
Southampton are interested in signing Barcelona striker Cristian Tello, 24, for around £10m and Malaga midfielder Recio, 24 for £5m, (Sun)
Barcelona want 23-year-old Newcastle striker Ayoze Perez to serve as back-up to Lionel Messi, Neymar and Luis Suarez. (IBTimes)
Former Real Madrid and Tottenham midfielder Rafael van der Vaart, 33, has contacted fellow Dutchman Jaap Stam about a move to Reading. (Get Reading)
Leicester striker Leonardo Ulloa, 30, has told manager Claudio Ranieri he wants to leave the Premier League champions to join Swansea in a £10m deal. (Sun)
Swansea also want to sign Sevilla and Spain striker Fernando Llorente, 31, on loan. (IUSport)
However, the former Juventus player could be close to a move to Real Sociedad. (ESPN)
Leicester midfielder Andy King, 27, will sign a new contract to stay at the club until 2020. (ESPN)
New Sunderland manager David Moyes has turned down the chance to sign Aston Villa defender Micah Richards, 28, for £5m. (Northern Echo)
Brighton have made a £3.5m offer for Blackburn defender Shane Duffy, 24. (Daily Mirror)