Atletico Madrid still keen on Diego Costa as Chelsea keep tabs on Real Madrid’s Alvaro Morata, while Liverpool plan left-back solution,...
Atletico Madrid still keen on Diego Costa as Chelsea keep tabs on Real Madrid’s Alvaro Morata, while Liverpool plan left-back solution, according to Monday’s papers.
Atletico Still Dream Of Costa Reunion
Atletico Madrid have not given up hope of being reunited with Brazilian-born Spanish international striker Diego Costa, report the Daily Mirror.
The La Liga club are still desperate to land a new striker ahead of the new season and still believe a move for their former hero is still possible as long as the Blues retain an interest in signing Morata, who has a big admirer in Chelsea boss Antonio Conte.
The Italian recently described Costa as someone of “fundamental importance” to the Chelsea team, but Real Madrid still continue to ponder whether Morata fits into their plans or decide to cash-in on the forward they brought back from Juventus.
And while that continues to be the case, there is still the possibility of a re-shuffle in the striking department at Stamford Bridge.
Pogba Prefers Real
Paul Pogba is reportedly hoping for a last-ditch move from Real Madrid as his agent finalises his world-record switch to Manchester United.
According to reports in Spain, the 23-year-old French international still wants to join forces with his idol Zinedine Zidane at the Bernabeu but time is running out for the La Liga giants to upstage the Red Devils with their own bid.
Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri has confirmed his club are in negotiations with Manchester United for Pogba to return to his former club, with agent fees expected to boost the overall cost to a whopping £130million.
Pogba’s wages are also expected to be in the region of £13million in a year, yet Real Madrid still appear reluctant to match the deal that Manchester United are close to completing
Arsenal And Liverpool Eye ‘€30m Move For Inter Midfielder
Reports in the Italian press have suggested that both Arsenal and Liverpool are weighing up a big-money move for Marcelo Brozovic.
According to Gazzamercato, the 23-year-old midfielder is being highly sought-after this summer following his impressive performances for Croatia at Euro 2016 with Serie A clubs Juventus and Napoli also said to be interested.
Brozovic is thought to have been on Arsene Wenger’s radar for a long time, and the Gunners boss has suggested that the funds are in place should the right player become available.
Liverpool, meanwhile, could use the reported £13million they will receive from Joe Allen’s expected move to Stoke City to help fund a move for the former Dinamo Zagreb man.
The Reds have also been linked with a final £8million offer for Leicester City’s Ben Chilwell with reserve left-back Brad Smith heading to Bournemouth.
Real Madrid Star Rules Out Mourinho Reunion At Man United
Raphael Varane has revealed that he sees his immediate future with Real Madrid amid rumours of a potential move to Manchester United.
Jose Mourinho is said to be a big fan of the French international, but he has made it clear that he wants to improve with the La Liga giants despite often finding himself lower down the pecking order.
“I want to stay here this year, I feel loved by the fans who want the best for me, and the best is yet to come,” the defender told Marca. I hope to be allowed to start afresh- I’d like to push on, to continue improving. After being at Real for five years, I want to make the next step.”
Varane is eager to make a fresh start after suffering the heartache of missing two major finals through injury last season, and believes his current club have the ability to grant him his wish.
LIVERPOOL IN TAKE-IT-OR-LEAVE-IT OFFER
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp will make a final £8million offer to champions Leicester City for the services of highly-rated defender Ben Chilwell.
The Reds are set to be a little light in the left-back area with Brad Smith closing in on a £6million move to Bournemouth, but The Sun believe he will act quickly to sign a replacement.
The Foxes are believed to have offered the 19-year-old, who spent part of last season on loan at Championship side Huddersfield Town, a five-year contract to stop him following the likes of N’Golo Kante and perhaps Riyad Mahrez out of the exit door at the King Power Stadium.
However, Liverpool believe they can still tempt the young full-back into making the switch to Anfield by offering a contract of a similar length.
- Raphael Varane says he is not set for a re-union with former manager Jose Mourinho at Manchester United
- Juventus are lining up a move for Chelsea midfielder Nemanja Matic, 27, as a replacement for Manchester United-bound Paul Pogba (Daily Mail)
- New Liverpool signing Georginio Wijnaldum says manager Jurgen Klopp persuaded him to join the Reds, rather than Tottenham or Merseyside rivals Everton (Echo)
- Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe wants to buy a new central defender this summer (Guardian)
- New Sunderland manager David Moyes will contact former club Manchester United over a possible loan move for winger Adnan Januzaj, 21 (Daily Mail)
- Stoke City are set to secure the £13m signing of Liverpool midfielder Joe Allen, 26, after Swansea City fail to match their bid (The Sun)
- A Chelsea fan believes his club is set to beat Arsenal to the signing of Leicester forward Riyad Mahrez after claiming he saw the forward’s new Chelsea shirt up for sale on a sports brand website (Metro)
- Manchester United forward Anthony Martial reportedly un-followed his own club on social media after they gave his number nine shirt to new signing Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Metro)