Chelsea have launched a bid for a long-term striker target, while there’s a surprise suitor for £25m-rated Swansea star Gylfi Sigurdsso...
Chelsea have launched a bid for a long-term striker target, while there’s a surprise suitor for £25m-rated Swansea star Gylfi Sigurdsson, according to Friday morning’s papers.
Toffees Slap Hefty Price Tag On Lukaku
Everton are likely to demand £75million for Romelu Lukaku should Chelsea persist in their interest.
The Stamford Bridge club have been pushing to add Alvaro Morata to their squad but have been rebuffed in their approaches to sign the Spain forward so far.
Morata has always been the number one option for Antonio Conte but Lukaku is a striker he likes too.
However, Everton are making plans to keep the Belgian and have offered a new contract and will look to price him out of Chelsea’s reach by increasing their previous £65m valuation
Everton Set To Make £25m Sigurdsson Bid
Everton are lining up a £25m move for Swansea star Gylfi Sigurdsson, according to reports.
The Daily Telegraph claims Koeman will make a substantial offer for the Iceland international after the appointment of Steve Walsh as director of football was confirmed on Thursday.
Sigurdsson has been a target for both Koeman and Walsh at their former clubs and Everton have identified the Swansea midfielder as a marquee signing this summer.
The 26-year-old impressed at Euro 2016 as Iceland reached the quarter-finals in their first major tournament, starting all the games, and Swansea are now facing a huge challenge to keep him at the Liberty Stadium.
Signed from Tottenham Hotspur in July 2014, Sigurdsson has been one of Swansea’s most consistent players and Koeman will step up his long-term interest with an official bid.
Everton’s appointment of Walsh means Koeman will kick-start his recruitment drive after a quiet summer which has seen only Fulham goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg move to Goodison Park so far.
Chelsea Launch Bid For Cavani
Chelsea have launched a £41m bid for Paris Saint-Germain star Edinson Cavani, according to reports in France.
Antonio Conte is believed to be in the market for another striker despite splashing the cash on Marseille’s Michy Batshuayi, amid Diego Costa’s ongoing links to Atletico Madrid. The Italian has gone on record to say he wants to keep the Spain striker, but that has done little to quash speculation that he will return to his former club.
Chelsea have already seen a £63m bid for Alvaro Morata rejected by Real Madrid, while former player and Everton star Romelu Lukaku is another option for the attack.
But French media outlet Le 10 Sport claims that Cavani is the man Conte wants at Stamford Bridge next season, with the Uruguayan apparently looking to leave Paris.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s highly-anticipated move to Manchester United has freed up the central striker’s berth, which Cavani is expected to fill by new boss Unai Emery.
However, it’s reported that the ex-Napoli ace is eager to leave Ligue 1 for a new challenge, with a move to the Premier League beckoning.
Chelsea have allegedly bid £41m for Cavani, but it’s claimed PSG have told the Blues to cough up a whopping £66.5m instead.
- Barcelona have revealed they were priced out of a move for Paul Pogba (The Sun)
- Manchester United’s latest offer – of £92m – for Paul Pogba will be rejected by Juventus (The Times)
- Swansea are preparing a £15m move for Tottenham’s Nacer Chadli (The Sun)
- Manchester City are to swoop for Palmeiras striker Gabriel Jesus (The Sun)
- Sunderland are demanding the FA pay four times more than the cost of buying Sam Allardyce out of his contract (Daily Mirror)
- Gary Neville will not be joining Sam Allardyce as his England assistant (Daily Mirror)
- Arsenal are fuming over Manchester City’s pursuit of Hector Bellerin (Daily Mirror)
- Jose Mourinho has refused to sign a Chelsea shirt while on tour in China with Manchester United (Daily Mirror)
- Juventus are interested in making Newcastle’s Moussa Sissoko Paul Pogba’s replacement (Daily Mirror)
- Chelsea have been told they will have to pay Real Madrid £67m for Alvaro Morata (Daily Mirror)
- Leicester have offered Kasper Schmeichel and Danny Drinkwater new contracts in order to keep them at the club (Daily Telegraph)
- Jose Mourinho says Manchester United have two other midfield targets in mind as well as Paul Pogba (Daily Telegraph)
- Manchester City have opened talks over a £20m deal for Brazilian striker Gabriel Jesus (Daily Mail)
- Everton have slapped a £75m price tag on Romelu Lukaku to ward off interest from Chelsea (Daily Mail)
- Chelsea’s Nemanja Matic is on Juventus’ short-list to replace Manchester United-bound Paul Pogba (Daily Mail)
- Rubin Kazan have reached an agreement to sign Alex Song from Barcelona (Daily Mail)
- Crystal Palace have made contact with the agents of Senegalese striker Moussa Sow, 30, about a possible loan move from United Arab Emirates club Al-Ahli (L’Equipe)
- Sam Allardyce will appoint former Derby boss Paul Clement as his England assistant (Daily Star)
- West Brom have not yet made a bid for Aston Villa defender Ciaran Clark, 26, who has a £5m release clause in his contract (Birmingham Mail)
- Carlos Bacca will decide on Friday whether to join West Ham or another club (Daily Star)
- Kenny Jackett is set to be sacked by Wolves following their £45m sale to a Chinese consortium (Daily Express)
- Kurt Zouma has given Chelsea a boost by vowing to be back in action in two months (Daily Star)
- Sunderland face missing out on Benjamin Moukandjo, 27, after West Brom joined the race for the Lorient striker (Newcastle Chronicle)
- Eric Dier will follow Tottenham team-mate Kevin Wimmer in signing a new contract at the club (Daily Star)
- Watford are interested in signing Lille midfielder Sofiane Boufal, 22, who scored 11 goals in Ligue 1 last season (Watford Observer
- Borussia Dortmund are close to signing former Chelsea forward Andre Schurrle, 25, after agreeing a £25m fee with Wolfsburg for the player (Bild)