Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho is ready to gazump Man City boss Pep Guardiola to the si...
Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho is ready to gazump Man City boss Pep Guardiola to the signing of Gabriel Jesus, while Paul Pogba’s medical has been cancelled.
Mourinho To Gazump Guardiola
Manchester United are ready to gazump rivals Manchester City for the signature of Palmeiras forward Gabriel Jesus, according to a report.
Globo Esporte claim that United boss Jose Mourinho wants to hijack City’s negotiations for the the starlet. City are believed to have lodged a bid of £26.8m for the 19-year-old, who has scored 19 times in 30 games this season.
It is understood that the Brazilian club will cash in on the player if the money is right and the player is believed to have been scouted by both clubs over the last 12 months and now Mourinho is desperate to pinch the player from under the nose of his long-time rival Pep Guardiola.
Yesterday the player’s agent claimed City were in advanced negotiations for the £26million-rated player, who is also being chased by Barcelona and Inter Milan.
The Telegraph reports that Manchester City hope to sign Schalke winger Leroy Sane, 20, and Jesus for a combined outlay of more than £60million.
Pogba Medical ‘Cancelled’
According to Spanish newspaper AS, Paul Pogba’s Manchester United transfer put into doubt after Mino Raiola cancelled the player’s medical.
Super-agent Raiola is reported to be upset at not being paid his fee for the Juventus man and has therefore axed United’s plans for Pogba to undergo a medical in Miami.
Personal terms are understood to have been agreed between United and Pogba but until United agree to pay all of Raiola his agent’s fee, which could total around £25million, then no deal will be struck.
Both United and Juve are keen to avoid paying the 20% to Raiola, while the Telegraph claims the doctor due to take Pogba’s medical, Dr Italo Linfante of the Miami Cardic and Vascular Institute, has tweeted that he is currently on holiday.
Linfante is “unaware of any arrangements of this procedure” – a fact which further plunges the deal into doubt, say the paper.
Meanwhile, the Sun says Pogba’s record £100million switch to United has moved closer after Juventus signed Gonzalo Higuain. Thus expecting to recoup the transfer fee the are going to pay for the striker with the sale of Pogba.
Wenger Told To Stump Up £40 Million For France Hitman
Arsenal have been told they will need to shell out £40 million if they want to sign Lyon hit man Alexandre Lacazette, according to the Mirror.
The Gunners are still in the hunt for a top striker, and OL rejected a £29.3 million bid for the Lyon striker, who was described by his club as "irreplaceable" in a statement.
Arsene Wenger seemingly feels Olivier Giroud cannot carry them to the promised land and Lacazette might help with the load as Arsenal look to mount a serious title charge.
Napoli Chase Higuain’s Replacement
Following the Serie A record sale of Gonzalo Higuain to Juventus, Napoli have moved swiftly to bid for the services of Mauro Icardi and Arkadiusz Milik from Inter Milan and Ajax Amsterdam respectively.
Higuain moved to Juventus after the reigning Serie A champions met his €90 million release clause, to make it the most expensive signing in Italian football history.
The Argentine's departure leaves a huge gap in the Napoli strike force, and the club have begun work on finding possible replacements.
Eredivisie giants Ajax confirmed that the two clubs are in discussion over a possible transfer of Milik, whose record with the Dutch side last season stood at 21 goals in 31 appearances
Liverpool Jao Mario Bid Rejected
Liverpool have had a bid rejected for Portugal star Joao Mario earlier this summer, according to the player’s father.
The 23-year-old impressed at Euro 2016 and helped Portugal win the tournament, making six starts in the competition, including the 1-0 final win over France.
The Sporting Lisbon midfielder has been linked with a move after impressing in France, with Chelsea believed to be interested, but it now appears Jurgen Klopp tried to land the player, as well as Inter Milan.
According to Portuguese paper Diario de Noticias, Mario was the subject of a €40m bid from the Reds, which was rejected.
- Borussia Dortmund have dismissed rumours linking striker Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang, 27, with a move to Manchester City. (Bild)
- Chelsea and Everton will fight for the signature of Sporting Lisbon’s £30m-rated Portugal midfielder William Carvalho, 24. (Daily Mirror)
- Arsenal and Tottenham both want to sign Toulouse forward Wissam Ben Yedder, 25, who scored 17 times in Ligue 1 last season. (Canal+)
- Manchester United target Blaise Matuidi has been told he is allowed to leave Paris St-Germain this summer, with the 29-year-old midfielder available for around £30m. (L’Equipe)
- Austria forward Marko Arnautovic, 27, is not interested in a move to Everton and will sign a new contract with Stoke City. (Daily Mail)
- Manager Pep Guardiola has agreed a deal to bring 19-year-old Atletico Nacional forward Marlos Moreno to Manchester City for around £8m. (Guardian)
- Napoli have had a bid for Ajax striker Arkadiusz Milik, 22, accepted as they look to replace new Juventus signing Gonzalo Higuain, 28. (Gazzetta dello Sport)
- Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane has told 23-year-old winger Jese to leave the club in order to play regular first-team football. (Marca)
- Arsenal and Liverpool are interested in signing Jese, who has played five times for Spain’s under-21 side. (Sun)
- Everton have met Idrissa Gueye’s £7.1m release clause and hope to complete a deal for the 26-year-old Aston Villa midfielder. (Birmingham Mail)
- Turkish champions Besiktas want to sign Liverpool forward Mario Balotelli, 25, on loan. (Gazzetta dello Sport)
- Monaco are ready to rival Arsenal for the signing of Barcelona’s Turkey midfielder Arda Turan. (Express)
- Valencia’s Shkodran Mustafi and Fabian Schar of Hoffenheim are Arsenal’s latest centre-half targets following confirmation Per Mertesacker is facing months out. (Express)
- David Moyes is interested in bringing Manchester United’s Marouane Fellaini to Sunderland. (Express)
- Everton are lining up Sunderland’s £15m Lamine Kone as they prepare for the possibility of losing John Stones. (Mail)
- Norwich City have made a bid for 29-year-old Fulham striker Ross McCormack that could rise to £12m with add-ons. (Daily Mail)
- Wolfsburg defender Jeffrey Bruma, 24, said he could have re-signed for Chelsea before joining the German side this summer. (Bild)
- Bayern Munich’s 21-year-old goalkeeper Ivan Lucic could be swapping the Allianz Arena for Cheltenham Town. Lucic is set for a medical ahead of a move to Bristol City, but manager Lee Johnson will send him to his dad Gary’s Cheltenham side to gain experience. (Sun)
- Liverpool midfielder Cameron Brannagan, 20, remains keen to go out on loan this season despite a proposed move to Wigan breaking down. (Liverpool Echo)
- John Stones has told Everton he wants to play for Pep Guardiola at Man City. (Star)
- Saido Mane has revealed he snubbed a move to Manchester United in favour of joining Liverpool. (Star)