Tottenham have been linked with four separate strikers in Wednesday’s newspapers, while Liverpo...
Tottenham have been linked with four separate strikers in Wednesday’s newspapers, while Liverpool centre-back Martin Skrtel could be offered a Premier League stay.
Tottenham Open Lacazette Talks…
Tottenham have opened talks with Lyon regarding the possible signing of France striker Alexandre Lacazette, according to the Daily Mirror.
West Ham have already had a £20million bid rejected for Lacazette, while Paris Saint-Germain are also said to be interested, but Spurs apparently believe they are in pole position to sign the 24-year-old following talks with his representatives.
Lacazette, who scored 21 goals in 34 Ligue 1 games this season, is said to be keen on the move to White Hart Lane, but Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas wants £30million to sell and has warned any deal must be completed by the end of June.
Spurs are ready to offer around £24million initially, the newspaper adds, as Mauricio Pochettino looks to provide competition and even a potential partner for Harry Kane.
….But Have Other Options
It would appear Spurs are considering different strike options for the summer, with The Sun claiming they are lining up a surprise offer for Watford’s Troy Deeney.
Deeney is also said to be wanted by Leicester City, but he is settled in the south and so might favour a move to White Hart Lane despite the competition for places, with the newspaper claiming the 27-year-old would be signed in addition to a new frontline striker.
Spurs also want Marseille’s £30million-rated striker Michy Batshuayi, The Sun claims, while the Daily Telegraph says Basel forward Breel Embolo has moved up Pochettino’s list of summer transfer targets.
- Tottenham want Borussia Dortmund midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan after he called off contract renewal talks (Daily Star)
- Liverpool centre-back Martin Skrtel will be offered the chance to stay in the Premier League by Middlesbrough (The Sun)
- Middlesbrough may not be able to keep loan star Gaston Ramirez, who looks set to be heading back to Uruguay to join Penarol (Daily Star)
- Timothy Fosu-Mensah is the third Manchester United youngster to be handed a new contract (The Sun)
- Southampton have talked to the agent of Sporting Lisbon defender Ruben Semedo over a potential £12million move (The Sun)
- Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe has warned Brighton they will have to pay £2.5million for striker Glenn Murray (The Sun)
- Everton are the first Premier League club to show an interest in Monchi after it emerged the highly-regarded sporting director of Sevilla could leave the La Liga club (The Times/Daily Telegraph)
- Newcastle United boss Rafael Benitez is set to lose his No.2 Fabio Pecchia, who is wanted by Verona (Daily Star)
- Garry Monk will be offered the chance to become Leeds United manager after the Championship club confirmed the departure of Steve Evans (various)
- Roberto Di Matteo is the new Aston Villa manager and expects to be in place within 48 hours (The Sun)