Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho is ready to swoop for Gareth Bale with the Wales star loo...
Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho is ready to swoop for Gareth Bale with the Wales star looking to leave Real Madrid.
Bale ‘Wants Out’ And United Are Ready To Swoop
Manchester United are confident of signing Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale for a world-record, according to reports in Spain.
The former Tottenham star is back on the radar of United with El Confidencial reporting that Jose Mourinho is preparing to spend a world-record £94.6m to get the Welsh forward on board.
The report suggests that Bale would be Mourinho’s marquee signing this summer as he looks to make his mark following Louis van Gaal and the player is believed to be keen on a Premier League return.
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez is understood to be desperate to keep hold of Bale but the forward has reportedly told him he now wants out.
Liverpool Set Sights On Boufal
Liverpool are considering a deal for Sofiane Boufal this summer, according to reports in France.
According to French outlet Foot Mercato, Liverpool have scouted the player at least a dozen times this season and with their prospective move for Byaern Munich ace Mario Gotze “stalling” Jurgen Klopp could be tempted into switching targets and making a move for Boufal.
The report claims Liverpool will have to pay around £15.7million for the attacking midfielder, who is also believed to be interesting Inter Milan and Borussia Dortmund.
The 22-year-old arrived at Lille from fellow French side Angers in January 2015 and managed three goals and six assists in his short campaign. But in his first full season at Lille he has hit 12 goals in all competitions and helped his side to a fifth place finish in Ligue 1.
- Paris St-Germain are considering activating 24-year-old Barcelona and Brazil forward Neymar’s £153m release clause. (Daily Mail)
- Juventus striker Alvaro Morata, 23, will turn down a move to Old Trafford if Manchester United sign Sweden international Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 34. (Onda Cero)
- Manchester City want to tie up a deal for 22-year-old Athletic Bilbao defender Aymeric Laporte in the next few days. (Marca)
- England striker Jamie Vardy’s move to Arsenal from Premier League champions Leicester City is off after the 29-year-old turned down a medical. (Talksport)
- Belgium and Marseille forward Michy Batshuayi, 22, wants a £100,000-per-week contract to join Tottenham Hotspur. (Daily Mirror)
- Juventus are favourites to beat Everton to the signing of Southampton and Italy forward Graziano Pelle, 30. (Sportitalia)
- Liverpool are considering a move for 22-year-old Lille midfielder Sofiane Boufal. (Foot Mercato, via Daily Express)
- West Brom have denied receiving any formal offers for 22-year-old striker Saido Berahino, despite interest from Watford. (Express and Star)
- Everton remain interested in signing Netherlands and Ajax goalkeeper Jasper Cillessen, 27, who had attracted the interest of former manager Roberto Martinez last season. (Daily Mirror)
- A release clause in Arsenal target Ricardo Rodriguez’s contract is now active, according to the 23-year-old Wolfsburg defender’s agent. (TMW Radio)
- Crystal Palace will have to double their £5m offer for defender Lewis Dunk if they want to sign the 24-year-old from Brighton. (Daily Mirror)
- Sunderland will accept a fee of around £2m for midfielder Emanuele Giaccherini with a number of Serie A clubs hoping to sign the 31-year-old Italy international. (Calcio Mercato, via Talksport)
- Arsenal and Germany midfielder Mesut Ozil, 27, says England are one of the favourites to win Euro 2016. (Evening Standard)
- Swansea City are planning to open talks with 26-year-old midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson over a new long-term contract at the Liberty Stadium. (South Wales Evening Post)
- Aston Villa manager Roberto di Matteo will not look to replace goalkeeper Brad Guzan, 31, with West Brom’s Boaz Myhill, 33. (Birmingham Mail)
- Monaco are eyeing a move for Kolo Toure, after Liverpool released the defender. (Mail)