Manchester United could sell Ander Herrera, according to today’s papers. MOURINHO TO AXE HERRER...
Manchester United could sell Ander Herrera, according to today’s papers.
MOURINHO TO AXE HERRERA
As Jose Mourinho looks to start shaping his squad at Manchester United, one player understood to be on his way out of Old Trafford is midfielder Ander Herrera.
Despite United having spent £29million to land Herrera from Athletic Bilbao two years ago, the Spaniard has failed to truly establish himself in the Premier League, often being used in various different roles.
And according to the Daily Express, who cite reports from Spanish outlet El Confidencial, Herrera was among the names Mourinho told Ed Woodward could leave the club.
Another player set to depart United is Juan Mata, who has emerged as a target for West Ham.
AND THE REST
- Real Madrid have decided not to activate Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea’s release clause (AS)
- Manchester United have made a £32.5million bid to sign Valencia midfielder Andre Gomes (Alfredo Pedula)
- Leicester have inquired about Watford captain Troy Deeney and will bid £10million for the striker if Jamie Vardy joins Arsenal (Daily Telegraph/Daily Mirror)
- Roberto di Matteo could make Chelsea striker Patrick Bamford, 22, his first signing as Aston Villa boss (Daily Mirror/The Sun)
- Everton will have to pay Southampton £5million to appoint Ronald Koeman as Roberto Martinez’s successor (The Times/Daily Telegraph)
- Eddie Howe will snub the chance to replace Ronald Koeman Koeman at Southampton and instead choose to stay at Bournemouth (Daily Mirror/The Sun)
- Premier League clubs are interested in Birmingham senior professional development coach Richard Beale, who brought through Demarai Gray, Nathan Redmond and Jack Butland at St Andrews (Daily Mirror)