Chelsea remain in the hunt for two midfielders, while Arsenal’s move for Romelu Lukaku could be under threat, according to today’s paper...
Chelsea remain in the hunt for two midfielders, while Arsenal’s move for Romelu Lukaku could be under threat, according to today’s papers.
Manchester United Agree Fee For Mkhitaryan
Manchester United are close to completing the signing of Henrikh Mkhitaryan from Borussia Dortmund after the clubs agreed a £26.3m fee, according to Sky sources.
The 27-year-old Armenia midfielder has agreed personal terms with United after talks with his representative and will undergo a medical within the next week.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic to undergo medical at Manchester United next week - Sky sources
Mkhitaryan has been regularly linked with United and new boss Jose Mourinho appears set to land his man.
Conte Targets Midfield Duo
Chelsea are set to make a third bid for Radja Nainggolan, and Antonio Conte wants to pair the Roma midfielder with Leicester’s N’Golo Kante.
Incoming boss Conte has made Nainggolan a priority signing ahead of his debut campaign at Stamford Bridge, but Roma are holding out for £31million for the Belgium international.
But according to the Daily Mirror, the Blues remain determined to land the 28-year-old and will not be put off by the price tag.
Nainggolan admitted at the weekend that his future in the Italian capital remains uncertain.
When asked whether he could extend his contract at the Stadio Olimpico, he replied: “I don’t know what my future will be, but I can just say that where I am I’m happy.”
The report also suggests that Conte wants Chelsea to activate Foxes dynamo Kante’s £20million release clause, as the Italy boss looks to inject energy into the Blues midfield.
Alves Arrives In Turin
Barcelona defender Dani Alves is set to complete his switch to Serie A champions Juventus after flying into Turin on Sunday evening.
Alves confirmed at the start of the month that he would join Juventus after eight trophy-filled seasons at Barcelona, and now the move is set to be rubber-stamped.
The 33-year-old still had one year left on his Barca contract but the club agreed to grant him a free transfer to join Juve.
- AC Milan could scupper Arsenal’s move for Romelu Lukaku with a big money move for the Everton striker once their takeover by a Chinese consortium has been completed (Gazzetta World)
- PSG have emerged as contenders to sign Sevilla midfielder Grzegorz Krychowiak, who has been linked with a move to Arsenal and Manchester United (Marca)
- Borussia Dortmund have lined up Bayer Leverkusen’s Karim Bellarabi as a replacement for Manchester United bound Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Daily Mirror)
- Celta Vigo forward Nolito admits he is proud to be linked with a move to Manchester City or Barcelona but insists he has not spoken with either club (Manchester Evening News)
- Leicester are in talks with Norwich over a move for Norwich and Republic of Ireland winger Robbie Brady (Leicester Mercury)
- Southampton will appoint former Monaco and Lyon boss Claude Puel as their new manager this week (Daily Telegraph/Daily Mirror)
- Liverpool youngster Sergi Canos is set to join Championship outfit Bristol City in a £2.5million deal (Liverpool Echo)
- Saints want to replace Victor Wanyama with Atletico Madrid midfielder Thomas Partey (Daily Mirror)
- Long-serving Everton duo Leon Osman and Tony Hibbert have yet to be told whether they will be offered new deals at Goodison Park (Liverpool Echo)