Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp “likes” Argentina’s Gabriel Mercado, according to the player’s club s...
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp “likes” Argentina’s Gabriel Mercado, according to the player’s club side, while Arsenal are interested in Fulham striker Moussa Dembele.
KLOPP ‘LIKES’ ARGENTINA DEFENDER Liverpool are keen on River Plate defender Gabriel Mercado, according to the club’s president Rodolfo D’Onofriohas.
And now River Plate’s president has confined Jurgen Klopp is interested in signing Mercado.
Mercado would need a work permit, which he has a better chance of earning if Argentina, who face Venezuela in the quarter-finals tonight, win the tournament.
ARSENAL INTERESTED IN FULHAM STRIKER
Arsenal are interested in signing Fulham striker Moussa Dembele, according to reports.
Dembele’s contract is set to expire and a host of clubs have been linked with the exciting frontman, including Tottenham, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United.
Dembele hit 15 league goals last season in 46 appearances for Fulham in the Championship and he has so far refused to extend his contract at Craven Cottage.
- Manchester United, Paris St-Germain and Real Madrid are willing to buy out Neymar’s contract at Barcelona, according to his agent.
- United defender Phil Jones, 24, has been told by Jose Mourinho he still has a future at Old Trafford and that he can be like John Terry was for the Portuguese boss at Chelsea. (Daily Mirror)
- Former Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini is a contender to take over at Southampton. The Chilean is on a shortlist alongside Claude Puel and Vitor Pereira. (Daily Telegraph)
- Manchester City full-back Pablo Zabaleta, 31, looks set to end his time at the club as the Argentina international is ready to listen to offers from other clubs. (Manchester Evening News)
- Tottenham have agreed an £11m fee for Southampton midfielder Victor Wanyama, 24, and the Kenyan will have a medical next week. (Daily Mirror)
- Crystal Palace have joined the race to sign West Brom’s Saido Berahino, 22, for £15m and will hold talks with the striker’s representatives this weekend. (Daily Mirror)
- Everton and West Ham are among sides considering an offer for AC Milan’s French striker M’Baye Niang, 21. (Guardian)
- Leicester midfielder N’Golo Kante, 25, has again refused to discuss his future at the club amid rumours that Real Madrid are interested in him. (Leicester Mercury)
- Celta Vigo have told Manchester City they can sign Spain winger Nolito for £14m. The 29-year-old is being considered by Pep Guardiola as a cheaper alternative to Germany international Leroy Sane.
- Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho hopes to bring midfielder Julian Draxler to the club from Wolfsburg. (Star)
- Alvaro Morata’s agent has reportedly told Arsenal and Chelsea the Spain striker wants £6m a year in wages to join them from Juventus this summer. (Star)
- Chelsea have made an enquiry for Inter Milan defender Juan Jesus. (Star)
- Chelsea have made full-back Cesar Azpilicueta available for a cut-price £11.8m, with Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain both keeping tabs on the Spain international. (Sun)
- Romelu Lukaku has talked up Paris Saint-Germain as he looks for a summer move from Everton. (Mail)
- Marek Hamsik’s agent says it will be tough for Manchester United or Chelsea to tempt the Slovakia playmaker away from Napoli. (Express)
- West Ham are looking to replace Diafra Sakho with Cologne striker Anthony Modeste. (Express)