Juventus are tracking Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez, while Manchester United have seen a £28mi...
Juventus are tracking Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez, while Manchester United have seen a £28million bid for a Roma defender rejected.
Juventus Want Arsenal Ace Sanchez
Juventus boss Massimo Allegri is keen on Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez, according to reports.
The Star say the “Old Lady have made the Chile ace a priority” with reports emanating from the Italian newspaper Tuttosport that Sanchez is on their wanted list.
Juve are believed to be still keen on Everton striker Romelu Lukaku, but see Sanchez as a more cost effective option.
There are not too many details on any prospective deal and the validity of the story is open for discussion with Lukaku and Sanchez very different players indeed. It would be hard to see how a club chasing Lukaku would switch to a Sanchez-type player, because he was a few million cheaper.
Roma Turn Down £28m United Offer
Roma have turned down a £28million offer from Manchester United for defender Kostas Manolas, according to reports in Italy.
The Star report that “Italian transfer guru Emanuele Giuanelli” claims United are keen on bringing the Greek defender to Old Trafford to partner him with new boy Eric Bailly.
The 25-year-old, who has been watched by Arsenal, only moved to Serie A in August from Olympiakos, but it also interesting Chelsea, according to the Corierre dello Sport.
The Italian paper though suggests that the centre-back is chasing a new contract in Rome and with Champions League football on the table it would not be a surprise to see the player remain in Serie A.
- Wolfsburg have made a £20m offer to Juventus for striker Simone Zaza with Andre Schurrle a target for Borussia Dortmund, who in turn want a replacement for Manchester United target Henrikh Mkhitaryan. (Mail)
- Chelsea are looking to bring in Italian national team goalkeeping coach Gianluca Spinelli. The move would accelerate the departure of Christopher Lollichon who is understood to have an indifferent relationship with Thibaut Courtois. (Mail)
- Chelsea have snubbed an £18m bid for defender Andreas Christensen from Borussia Monchengladbach. The 20-year-old is on a two-season loan at the German club but Chelsea see him as an heir to John Terry at centre-half. (Mail)
- Aston Villa have rejected Celtic’s opening bid of £2m for winger Scott Sinclair. Brendan Rodgers wants to make the former Man City man his first signing as Parkhead boss. (Mail)
- Manchester City are looking to offer around £6m for Croatia international Ante Coric; Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham have all expressed interest in the Dinamo Zagreb midfielder. (Mail)
- Stoke have offered nearly £20m for Napoli forward Manolo Gabbiadini. (Mirror)
- Wales defender Chris Gunter is wanted by Premier League duo Swansea and Middlesbrough following his heroics at Euro 2016. (Mirror)
- Liverpool will have to pay £12m to prise Scotland international defender Andy Robertson away from Hull. (Mirror)
- Liverpool could reportedly reignite their pursuit of Neven Subotic. Jurgen Klopp worked with the 27-year-old defender during his time at Borussia Dortmund. (Star)
- Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri is keen to snap up Arsenal ace Alexis Sanchez, according to reports. (Star)
- New Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho will make a statement signing during the summer transfer window, with Juventus’ France midfielder Paul Pogba, 23, a priority. (Manchester Evening News)
- Borussia Dortmund have changed their stance and are now saying Manchester United target Henrikh Mkhitaryan, 27, is available for £30.6m. The Armenia forward has one year remaining on his contract. (Kicker)
- Liverpool have rejected an £8m bid from Swansea for midfielder Joe Allen, 26, who left the Liberty Stadium for Anfield four years ago. (Daily Mirror)
- Southampton and Leicester are also interested in signing Allen. (Times)
- The Reds will step up their efforts to sign Southampton’s Senegal forward Sadio Mane, 24, in a £30m deal next week. (Telegraph)
- Former Nice boss Claude Puel has emerged as the frontrunner for the Southampton manager’s job. (Telegraph)
- Manchester City are leading the chase to sign Dinamo Zagreb’s 19-year-old midfielder Ante Coric, who is part of Croatia’s squad at Euro 2016, for £6m. (Daily Mail)
- France midfielder Samir Nasri, 28, will have talks with new Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola next week as he wants to stay at the club. (Daily Mirror)
- Meanwhile, Guardiola has made Everton defender John Stones, 22, his number one transfer target. (Marca, Express)
- Manchester City winger Jesus Navas is being lined up for a move to Serie A. (Express)
- Paris St-Germain have sacked manager Laurent Blanc, with the former France defender receiving a £16.85m pay off from the club. (L’Equipe)
- Watford have offered a new contract to striker Troy Deeney, 27, after Leicester had a £25m bid rejected for the player. (Watford Observer)
- Premier League champions Leicester remain interested in signing Burnley defender Michael Keane, 23, despite having an initial £10m bid rejected. (Leicester Mercury)
- However, the Foxes have actually made three bids of £10m, £11m and £12m for Keane, all of which have been turned down. Sean Dyche’s side are holding out for £14m for the centre-back. (Daily Mirror)
- Sunderland are in negotiations with Russian side Rubin Kazan for the permanent signing of midfielder Yann M’Vila, 25, who spent last season on loan at the Black Cats. (Sunderland Echo)
- Stoke have made a bid of £19.6m for Napoli forward Manolo Gabbiadini, 24, who scored nine goals in 31 games last season. (Daily Mirror)
- West Ham remain in negotiations to sign Besiktas winger Gokhan Tore, 24, on a season-long loan with a view to making it a permanent deal next summer. (Sky Sports)
- West Brom are not interested in signing Celtic defender Charlie Mulgrew, 30, who is out of contract next month. (Birmingham Mail)
- Premier League newcomers Burnley are interested in signing Crystal Palace midfielder Joe Ledley, 29, who is at Euro 2016 with Wales. (Croydon Advertiser)
- Samir Nasri is to have clear-the-air talks with Man City as he’s desperate to stay at the Etihad and work under new boss Pep Guardiola. (Sun)
- Everton manager Ronald Koeman is planning a shock swoop for Holland legend Wesley Sneijder. The Dutchman wants to bring in his compatriot after Galatasaray’s Europa League ban was confirmed. (Sun)
- Barcelona have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Chelsea’s Cesar Azpilicueta. The Spanish giants are on the look-out for a new right-back as Dani Alves prepares to join Juventus. (Sun)
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale will sign new Real Madrid contracts after Euro 2016, according to reports. (Sun)
- Crystal Palace manager Alan Pardew wants to bolster his forward options with the signing of Liverpool striker Christian Benteke. (Sun)
- Lazio want to take Southampton striker Graziano Pelle back to Serie A. (Sun)
- Burnley are weighing up a double swoop for Aston Villa duo Ashley Westwood and Rudy Gestede. (Sun)