Juventus star Paul Pogba has handed Manchester United a transfer blow and Liverpool are closing in on another signing Pep Lands His...
Juventus star Paul Pogba has handed Manchester United a transfer blow and Liverpool are closing in on another signing
Pep Lands His First Signing
Manchester City have confirmed the signing of Germany midfielder Ilkay Gundogan from Borussia Bortmund.
The Germany international, who is ruled out of Euro 2016 due to a knee injury, becomes new City boss Pep Guardiola’s first signing since taking over from Manuel Pellegrini and has signed a four-year contract.
The 25-year-old confirmed the news in a video posted on City’s official Twitter feed and is believed to have cost City around £20million.
He said: “Hello City fans. You have been tweeting me for a long time and now I officially announce that I am a Manchester City player. Hope to see you soon.”
Pogba ‘Blow’ For Mourinho
The Sun report new Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho has been dealt a “major transfer blow” regarding Paul Pogba.
The former United midfielder, 23, is believed to be one of Mourinho’s top summer targets, but according to La Repubblica, and quoted by The Sun Pogba has “already bought a new home in Catalonia”.
United are believed to be willing to pay the £76million asking price for the player who left Old Trafford in the summer of 2012 after refusing to pen a new deal under Sir Alex Ferguson. But the latest reports claim Pogba, who is admired by Barca boss Luis Enrique, has terminated the lease on his Turin apartment.
Dani Alves and Javier Mascherano could be sold to fund a move for the France international, who is under contract with Juventus until 2019.
It’s no great surprise to see Pogba ‘nearing’ a move to Barcelona, as he has been heavily linked to Barca in the past and it would be a huge coup if United could lure him away from La Liga. Alternatively, his agent – the well-known Mino Raiola may well be working over time in a bid to get Pogba a new contract.
Liverpool ‘Looking To Tie Up Negotiations’
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is closing in on another signing, according to reports on Thursday.
On Wednesday Irpinia News claimed Klopp had agreed a deal with Anderlecht for Belgium Under-21 midfielder Samuel Bastien. And now the Daily Mail are claiming the Reds are in talks with the 19-year-old over a £4million move.
Liverpool are believed to have held talks over the player in March and are ready to tie up a move for the youngster, who is currently away on holiday.
The Mail claim his agent Franklin Mala Makani is “looking to tie up negotiations” for the all-action midfielder, who has been on loan at Avellino in Serie B.
The Italian club had an option to make the move permanent but Liverpool are now at the head of the queue for Bastien.
- Pepe Reina’s father has insisted there is nothing in the rumours linking the goalkeeper with a shock return to Liverpool. (Express)
- Ryan Giggs, 42, is set to end his 29-year association with Manchester United by declining a new position under Jose Mourinho. (Daily Mirror & Mail)
- England’s assistant manager Gary Neville believes Roy Hodgson should stay on as national team boss beyond the end of his current contract, which expires after Euro 2016. (Daily Telegraph)
- Aston Villa will confirm former Chelsea boss Roberto di Matteo as their new manager on Thursday. (Daily Mail)
- Chelsea are lining up a £20m bid for Roma’s Germany defender Antonio Rudiger, 23. (Daily Star)
- Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris has rejected a new contract offer at White Hart Lane as the France international, 29, holds out for a better deal. (Daily Mirror)
- Rafa Benitez could add to his coaching staff at Newcastle United after losing number two Fabio Pecchia, who has become the new manager of Hellas Verona following their relegation from Italy’s Serie A. (Newcastle Chronicle)
- Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema, 28, is not looking for a reunion with former boss Jose Mourinho at Manchester United. (Daily Express)
- Manchester City are set to confirm Ilkay Gundogan, 25, as their first signing under new manager Pep Guardiola in a £21m move from Borussia Dortmund. (Daily Mail)
- West Brom defender James Chester, 27, has suggested he could join Wales centre-back partner Ashley Williams at Swansea City. (Daily Express)
- Manchester United are interested in signing 19-year-old French midfielder Adam Ounas from Bordeaux. (Daily Mirror)
- Hull City will offer new contracts to Tom Huddlestone, 29, and Ahmed Elmohamady, 28, before their current deals expire next month, but 27-year-old forward Sone Aluko has been told he is free to leave the KC Stadium.(Hull Daily Mail)
- Leicester City are close to making their first signings of the summer, with the arrival of Germany goalkeeper Ron-Robert Zieler, 27, and Spanish defender Luis Hernandez, 27. (Leicester Mercury)
- Real Madrid want to sign David de Gea this summer before loaning him back to Manchester United for next season. (Star)
- Carlos Bacca’s agent will fly to London to strike a West Ham switch for the Colombia star. (Star)
- Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea are all eyeing up a swoop for wantaway Paris Saint-Germain defender Marquinhos. (Sun)
- Sunderland winger Emanuele Giaccherini will join Torino for £2m. (Sun)
- Manchester United look set to miss out on West Ham defender Reece Oxford, who is ready to sign a new long-term deal. (Express)
- Manchester City have entered the race to sign Bologna wonderkid Amadou Diawara, according to reports in Italy. (Express)