Crystal Palace have had a huge bid for Marseille’s Michy Batshuayi accepted and are also closin...
Crystal Palace have had a huge bid for Marseille’s Michy Batshuayi accepted and are also closing on two more deals, while Bayern Munich are plotting a move for Eric Dier, according to Tuesday’s newspapers.
Palace Have Batshuayi Bid Accepted
Crystal Palace have stolen a march on the likes of Tottenham, West ham and Juventus by having a had a £31.6m (€38m) offer for Michy Batshuayi accepted by Marseille, according to The Guardian.
The paper also claimed the ambitious Eagles are hopeful of completing deals for the France goalkeeper Steve Mandanda and Newcastle’s Andros Townsend.
Batshuayi, who scored in Belgium’s 4-0 win over Hungary at Euro 2016 on Sunday, has been the subject of two bids in this transfer window after the French club made it plain he will leave the Stade Vélodrome this summer.
West Ham submitted an offer worth up to a potential €40m at the start of May and remain hopeful of signing him, while Juventus have also made a bid of more than €30m for the player who scored 17 goals in Ligue 1 last season.
However, Palace’s co-owner Steve Parish, who was in Nice to watch England’s last-16 tie against Iceland on Monday night, appears to have stolen a march on his rivals for Batshuayi’s signature after making the offer directly to Marseille’s president, Vincent Labrune.
It is understood that the deal includes a significant bonus payment and sell-on clause, with his former club Standard Liège due 35% of any sale through a previous clause.
It is also understood that Palace are close to agreeing a deal to sign Marseille’s Mandanda on a free transfer, although Chelsea remain interested in the 31-year-old.
On a busy day of activity Palace are also understood to have triggered Townsend’s £10.5m release clause, with the England winger currently weighing up whether he would like to move to south London from Newcastle.
Bayern Plot Move To Sign Dier
Bayern Munich have been impressed by the form of Eric Dier for England at Euro 2016 and are preparing an offer for the Spurs midfielder, according to reports on Tuesday.
The 22-year-old, who was one of England’s better players during the group stages of Euro 2016 and prior to the Iceland debacle, has excelled in a defensive midfield role for both club and country but has demonstrated his goalscoring abilities also, with two goals for his country this year.
According to The Sun, Bayern are growing increasingly keen on the former Sporting Libson star and are plotting an audacious swoop this summer.
While it remains unlikely that Tottenham, facing a return to the Champions League stage next season, would be prepared to sell, it is likely to boil down to Dier’s desire to stay at White Hart Lane.
Backroom staff in Bavaria have reportedly been making background checks on the England international during the last few days. However, as Spurs managed to tie Dier down to a five-year contract extension last year, their efforts may prove to be futile.
- England Under-21 boss Gareth Southgate has emerged as the favourite to replace Roy Hodgson as manager of the senior team (The Sun)
- Chelsea are still chasing Alvaro Morata’s signature despite the Spaniard’s £23m return to Real Madrid (Daily Mirror)
- Chelsea will reportedly consider other midfield targets after Roma rejected a third bid of £33m for Radja Nainggolan (Daily Express)
- Ronald Koeman is reportedly set to team up with goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg again at Everton (Daily Express)
- Real Madrid are planning to send striker Jese, 23, out on loan this season, despite interest from Chelsea and Manchester United for a permanent deal (AS)
- Barcelona could target Arsenal defender Hector Bellerin, 21, after letting Dani Alves join Juventus (London Evening Standard)
- Chelsea defender Baba Rahman, 21, is a target for Lazio who are ready to make a £13m bid for the Ghana international, who cost the Blues £21.7m last summer (Daily Mirror)
- Napoli have agreed personal terms with Liverpool target Hector Herrera, but the Italian club have not yet agreed a fee with Porto for the 26-year-old Mexico midfielder (Tutto Mercato)
- Arsenal have made an offer for striker Gabriel Barbosa, 19, who has a £40m release clause in his contract with Brazilian club Santos (ESPN)
- Hull boss Steve Bruce is considering making a move for Augsburg’s Paraguay striker Raul Bobadilla, 29, who is valued at over £5m by his German club (Daily Mirror)
- Christian Benteke has admitted he gave Belgium team-mate Eden Hazard a few goalscoring tips at half-time in their game against Hungary (Daily Express)
- Middlesbrough are on the verge of completing a stunning £12m deal for Dutch midfielder Marten de Roon (The Sun)
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan is prepared to pay part of his own £26m transfer fee as he tries to force through a move to Manchester United (The Sun)
- Argentina striker Sergio Aguero is expecting other team-mates to follow in Lionel Messi’s footsteps and retire from international football (Daily Star)