Liverpool have switched left-back targets and now want Kieran Gibbs, while Arsenal are “winning” ...
Liverpool have switched left-back targets and now want Kieran Gibbs, while Arsenal are “winning” the race for Henrikh Mkhitaryan.
KLOPP TARGETS ARSENAL MAN GIBBS Liverpool are set to make a move for Arsenal left-back Kieran Gibbs, according to reports.
The Lambeth-born defender has spent his entire career with the Gunners apart from a loan spell at Norwich City in 2007/08, but Gibbs might well jump at the chance of regular first-team football to get his career back on track.
ARSENAL WINNING £20M MKHITARYAN BATTLE
Arsenal are “winning the £20million battle with Chelsea” to sign Henrikh Mkhitaryan, according to The Sun.
Dortmund have been trying to tie the Armenia star to a new deal since the turn of the year, but the 27-year-old has yet to put pen to paper and a move away looks likely with the report suggesting he wants a deal worth around £85,000 a week.
- Leeds want Man Utd striker Ashley Fletcher on a year’s loan. (Sun)
- Stoke have targeted Jack Grealish after Ibrahim Afellay was ruled out until Christmas with damaged knee ligaments. (Sun)
- Everton and Southampton scouts were at the Netherlands game in Austria on Saturday night to check on Newcastle’s Georginio Wijnaldum. (Mirror)
- Leicester’s England striker Jamie Vardy, 29, will have a medical at Arsenal on Sunday after his £20m release clause was activated by the Gunners. (ESPN)
- Arsenal fear the move could fall through if they do not complete the deal before the European Championship begins on Friday. (Sunday Express)
- Leicester manager Claudio Ranieri has told an Italian newspaper the reports about Vardy are “all true”. (La Gazzetta dello Sport)
- Vardy has had face-to-face talks with Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger over his move to the Emirates. (Sun on Sunday)
- Manchester United are close to agreeing a £31m deal for Villarreal’s 22-year-old Ivory Coast central defender Eric Bailly. (AS)
- United will also battle Manchester City for Gabon and Borussia Dortmund forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, 26. (Daily Star Sunday)
- Leicester are interested in signing Kenya midfielder Victor Wanyama, 24, from Southampton. (Daily Star Sunday)
- Manchester United are ready to ditch Germany midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger, 31, after just one season at Old Trafford. (Sunday Mirror)
- Sweden will allow striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 34, to leave their Euro 2016 training camp to sign for Manchester United. (Mail on Sunday)
- Ibrahimovic, who rejected an approach from Champions League-bound Tottenham, has agreed personal terms at Old Trafford and the move now hinges on personal talks with new manager Jose Mourinho. (Guardian)
- Chelsea will battle Stoke for former Potters midfielder Steven N’Zonzi, after the 27-year-old’s impressive performances for Sevilla. (Sun on Sunday)
- Everton will have to pay £3.5m in compensation to Southampton for manager Ronald Koeman and the Dutchman will be given £100m for transfers. (Liverpool Echo)
- Koeman will earn £7m a year at Goodison Park. (Sunday Express)
- Former Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini is a contender to succeed Koeman at Southampton. (Sunday Mirror)
- The Saints are considering either Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe or Sevilla manager Unai Emery as their new manager. (Sunday Telegraph)
- Tottenham are interested in Palermo’s Italy playmaker Franco Vazquez, 27. (Sunday People)
- Manchester City will have to wait until after Euro 2016 to try to pursue a deal for Everton’s England defender John Stones, 22. (Manchester Evening News)
- Roma’s 28-year-old Belgium midfielder Radja Nainggolan has confirmed Chelsea are keen to sign him. (London Evening Standard)
- Leicester have opened contract talks with English defender Danny Simpson, 29, over a new deal. (ESPN)
- Crystal Palace are set to meet Newcastle’s £8m release clause for England winger Andros Townsend, 24. (Sunday People)
- Sampdoria are interested in Sunderland’s Italy midfielder Emanuele Giaccherini. Fiorentina and Torino are also interested in the 31-year-old, who spent last season on loan at Bologna. (Chronicle)