Arsenal have turned their attention to Alexandre Lacazette after missing out on Jamie Vardy, while Manchester United are closing on Henri...
Arsenal have turned their attention to Alexandre Lacazette after missing out on Jamie Vardy, while Manchester United are closing on Henrikh Mkhitaryan.
Wenger To Meet Lacazette Representative
Arsene Wenger is set to meet with a representative of Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette this week, according to the Sunday Mirror.
Both Arsenal and Atletico Madrid have the cash to meet the 25-year-old’s valuation, however, and so could test Lyon’s resolve further, with Wenger determined to add a proven goalscorer to his squad this summer.
Lacazette scored 23 goals in 43 games for Lyon last season.
Man Utd Make Transfer Progress
Manchester United are hopeful of agreeing a deal to sign Borussia Dortmund attacking midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan in the next seven days, reports The Observer.
United are apparently confident Dortmund will accept their proposed offer of £30million, with a four or five-year contract set to be put on the table for Mkhitaryan once they get the green light.
Despite rumours to the contrary, The Observer also says Zlatan Ibrahimovic is still expected to fly to Manchester in the first week of July to seal his move to Old Trafford.
And The Rest
- Manchester United are in talks with Paul Pogba’s agent, Mino Raiola, about re-signing the Juventus midfielder this summer, but they will have to break the world transfer record to seal a deal (Sunday Telegraph)
- Manchester United have made a £30million bid for Wolfsburg midfielder Julian Draxler as they consider alternatives to Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Daily Star Sunday)
- Ronald Koeman wants to launch his Everton revolution by signing Morgan Schneiderlin from Manchester United (Sunday Mirror)
- Chelsea boss Antonio Conte will consider offers for Thibaut Courtois and could sign Zamalek and Egypt goalkeeper Ahmed El-Shenawy as No.2 to Asmir Begovic (Sun on Sunday)
- Pep Guardiola is confident John Stones will join Manchester City rather than Chelsea or Manchester United this summer (Sun on Sunday)
- Tottenham midfielder Eric Dier has attracted the attention of Bayern Munich with his impressive performances afor England at Euro 2016 (Sunday People)
- Leicester City’s owners have set aside £50million just to spend on new contracs and signing-on fees for their star players (Daily Star Sunday)
- Stoke City will this week sign West Brom striker Saido Berahino for £16million on a £70,000-a-week deal (Sunday People)
- Swansea are close to finalising a £2million deal for Ajax defender Mike van der Hoorn (Mail on Sunday)
- Inter full-back Davide Santon is set to be given an opportunity to return to the Premier League by Crystal Palace (Gazzetta dello Sport)
- Newcastle United are ready to make a £10million bid for Bournemouth’s Matt Ritchie as they fear losing Andros Townsend to Crystal Palace (Sun on Sunday)