Liverpool are close to signing Porto midfielder Hector Herrera, while Arsenal have been given a huge boost in their chase for Henrikh M...
Liverpool are close to signing Porto midfielder Hector Herrera, while Arsenal have been given a huge boost in their chase for Henrikh Mkhitaryan, according to Tuesday morning’s newspapers.
Liverpool Set To Sign Porto Midfielder Herrera
Liverpool are just ‘one step away’ from signing Porto star Hector Herrera, according to reports in Mexico.
The Mexico midfielder is also wanted by Napoli who are said to have made €18m offer. But Herrera, 26, is now expected to join the Reds as part of Jurgen Klopp’s summer overhaul.
Fox Sports MX claim Liverpool have agreed terms with Porto and Pachuca, who own 30% of the player. The Reds have already signed Loris Karius, Marko Grujic and Joel Matip for this summer.
And Klopp wants to bolster his squad further ahead of a tilt at the Champions League spots next season. Herrera, who some say is a lookalike for former Manchester United Angel Di Maria, joined Porto in 2013 and is a box-to-box midfielder.
Arsenal ‘Boosted’ In Mkhitaryan Chase
Arsenal have been given a huge boost in their chase for Henrikh Mkhitaryan with Borussia Dortmund set to admit defeat in their fight to keep him, reports the Daily Mirror.
The German club have failed to persuade the 27-year-old Armenian to sign a new deal. He has flatly refused to commit himself without a release clause being included in any fresh contract.
Dortmund no longer allow players to include such fees in their deals after Germany forward Mario Gotze’s was triggered by their big rivals Bayern Munich three years ago.
It means the German Cup finalists are now ready to sell Mkhitaryan, who has just a year left on his contract.
Liverpool and Chelsea are also interested in the attacker, who scored 18 goals in all competitions this season. But he has indicated a willingness to move to the Emirates, where Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is embarking on an overhaul of his squad.
Wenger has already signed Granit Xhaka from Dortmund’s Bundesliga rivals Borussia Monchengladbach for £30m and is aiming to land Leicester striker’s Jamie Vardy, having triggered the England international’s £22m release clause.
- Arsenal are worried striker Jamie Vardy, 29, might stay with Leicester City, who have offered him an improved contract. He failed to give the Gunners an answer before departing for Euro 2016 with England. (Daily Mirror)
- Vardy would be able to adapt to Arsenal's style of passing football, says Foxes team-mate Shinji Okazaki. (Kyodo News via Japan Times)
- England boss Roy Hodgson has told Vardy to forget about his move to Arsenal and concentrate on Euro 2016. (Daily Star)
- Chelsea want to buy £40m Juventus and Spain striker Alvaro Morata, 23, before the start of Euro 2016 and also want to re-sign Everton striker Romelu Lukaku, 23. (Guardian)
- The Blues hope to beat Paris St-Germain to the £20m signing of Leicester City midfielder N'Golo Kante, 25, by more than trebling the France international's £35,000-a-week wages. (Daily Mirror)
- Roma say they will not sell midfielder Radja Nainggolan, 28, or defender Antonio Rudiger, 23 - both of whom are Chelsea targets. (London Evening Standard)
- Manchester United have made an approach for Pachuca winger Hirving Lozano, according to the 20-year-old's Mexican club. (Record MX - in Spanish)
- Former Manchester United defender Jaap Stam will be named as the new manager of Championship side Reading this week after agreeing a two-year deal. (Daily Mail)
- Liverpool have agreed terms with Porto to sign 26-year-old Mexico midfielder Hector Herrera, who is part-owned by Pachuca. (Fox Sports via Daily Express)
- Reds boss Jurgen Klopp is keen on re-signing Turkey midfielder Nuri Sahin, 27, from former club Borussia Dortmund.(AMK - in Turkish)
- Gunners defender Calum Chambers, 21, could move to Watford on loan for next season as he attempts to revive his career. (Daily Mail)
- Australian club Perth Glory say they have missed out on signing midfielder Michael Carrick as the 34-year-old has signed a new deal with Manchester United. (FourFourTwo)
- West Ham are sounding out the possibility of signing Arsenal forward Theo Walcott for £25m. (London Evening Standard)
- The Hammers are lining up a £20m move for Lyon's French international forward Nabil Fekir, 22. (Sun)
- Southampton have identified former Ajax manager Frank de Boer to replace Ronald Koeman when the Dutchman completes his move to Everton. (Times - subscription required)
- Crystal Palace are set to sign Newcastle winger Andros Townsend, 24, for the £10.5m buyout clause in his contract. (Daily Telegraph)
- Rafael Benitez's side are ready to offer winger Andros Townsend, 24, an improved contract in a bid to fend off interest from Palace.(Chronicle)
- Burnley manager Sean Dyche will be given a £60m budget as the Clarets look to stay in the Premier League.(Daily Express)