Antonio Conte will turn to his homeland to help build a Chelsea team capable of a title challenge, while Arsenal plan Theo Walcott talk...
Antonio Conte will turn to his homeland to help build a Chelsea team capable of a title challenge, while Arsenal plan Theo Walcott talks according to Thursday morning’s newspapers.
Conte Ready To Raid Roma
Incoming Chelsea boss Antonio Conte will launch a double bid for Roma pair Kostas Manolas, 24, and Radja Nainggolan, 28, this summer as he looks to rejuvenate the Blues squad.
Fresh from securing the services of captain John Terry for another season, the London Evening Standard report that Conte’s next port of call will be to strengthen the defence and midfield.
The duo feature on a star-studded shortlist with Paul Pogba, Leonardo Bonucci, Romelu Lukaku, Gonzalo Higuain and Edinson Cavani also thought to be summer targets.
Roma appear resigned to losing Nainggolan in particular, as the club’s sporting director Walter Sabatini admitted the Belgium international could leave should they receive the right offer.
Walcott Still A Part Of Arsenal Future
Arsene Wenger plans to hold showdown talks with Theo Walcott – but is thought to have no intention of selling him as part of a reported ‘summer shake-up’ at the Emirates.
Walcott has fallen down the pecking order at Arsenal and also missed out on a place in Roy Hodgson’s preliminary England squad for Euro 2016. However, a long-term injury to Danny Welbeck, has ensured that Arsenal are ‘determined more than ever’ to keep hold of the 27-year-old.
West Ham are the latest club to be linked with Walcott, while the report also suggests that the Gunners are more open to listening to offers for Kieran Gibbs and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
- Pep Guardiola still wants to sign Ilkay Gundogan for Manchester City, despite the Borussia Dortmund midfielder suffering a dislocated knee-cap earlier this month (Daily Mail)
- Arsenal are considering making a club-record bid for 23-year-old Juventus striker Alvaro Morata (Evening Standard)
- Valencia midfielder Andre Gomes, 22, has been offered to Manchester United (Metro)
- Leicester are increasingly concerned that Arsenal will trigger 25-year-old midfielder N’Golo Kante’s £20m release clause this summer (Daily Mirror)
- Southampton manager Ronald Koeman is set to turn down any approach from Everton in the belief that he will be able to land a bigger job in a year’s time (Daily Mirror)
- Chelsea defender John Terry, 35, has agreed to take a £100,000-a-week pay cut to stay at Stamford Bridge (Sun)
- Liverpool will not change their summer transfer targets after failing to qualify for Europe next season. Bayern Munich attacker Mario Gotze, 23, remains their top target (Liverpool Echo)
- Manchester United and Manchester City are both interested in buying Schalke’s £30m-rated 20-year-old forward Leroy Sane (Goal)
- Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure, 33, is in talks over a reunion with former manager Roberto Mancini at Inter Milan (Sun)
- Reece Oxford wants £40,000 a week and a £1m signing-on fee to commit his future to West Ham (The Sun)
- Michael Carrick would consider performing a U-turn and remain at Manchester United if Louis van Gaal gets sacked (Daily Star)
- Manchester United fear missing out on Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang due to the playing style of Louis van Gaal scaring away top transfer targets (Daily Mail)
- Liverpool have reportedly agreed a deal in principle to send Mario Balotelli to Fiorentina in return for midfielder Josip Ilicic (Daily Express)
- Chelsea have a ‘verbal agreement’ in place to sign Juventus winger Kwadwo Asamoah (Daily Express)