Chelsea forward Willian is among the latest players to be linked with Manchester United, wh...
Chelsea forward Willian is among the latest players to be linked with Manchester United, while Liverpool are apparently in for Reece Oxford.
Mourinho Wants Willian At Man Utd
Jose Mourinho wants to be reunited with Willian at Manchester United, according to The Sun.
Willian was one of the few Chelsea players to impress before Mourinho was sacked in December, eventually winning both the fans and players’ Player of the Year awards after continuing his good form into the second half of the season. (Click here for more on Chelsea Season Awards)
Chelsea paid £30million to sign the Brazil international from Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala in 2013, but Mourinho is apparently unperturbed by the fact the Blues would want double that to sell a player with two years remaining on his contract.
Liverpool Back In For Oxford
Liverpool are ready to rival Manchester City and Manchester United this summer for the signing of West Ham starlet Reece Oxford, claims the Daily Mirror.
Liverpool apparently tried to sign Oxford last summer before he had even made his senior debut for the Hammers – and are now set to try again after learning the 17-year-old is available for around £10million having rejected the offer of a new contract.
Jurgen Klopp is hoping his reputation for putting his trust in young players will persuade Oxford to plump for the Reds over either Manchester clubs, with the teenager’s ability to play in both defence and midfield seen as a big plus as Klopp rebuilds his squad at Anfield.
- Sweden striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 34, has told Manchester United he is keen to join them but wants €15million (£11.3m) per season to do so (Guardian)
- Manchester United are willing to pay €40million to sign Greece centre-back Kostas Manolas from Roma (Sky Sport Italia)
- Jose Mourinho held transfer talks with the brother of Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain yesterday (Emanuele Giulianelli)
- Chelsea are refusing to give up on Atletico Madrid goal machine Antoine Griezmann, who is also of interest to Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain (Daily Mirror)
- Real Madrid are ready to sell striker Alvaro Morata to Arsenal — but want at least £38million and hope Chelsea and Manchester City start a bidding war (The Sun)
- Paris Saint-Germain are continuing their pursuit of Leicester City’s N’Golo Kante despite the midfielder informing the French champions he wants to stay in the Premier League (Daily Mail)
- Claudio Ranieri wants £12million Nice star Nampalys Mendy to replace N’Golo Kante (Daily Mirror)
- Middlesbrough are poised to make Viktor Fischer their first signing of the summer after agreeing to pay Ajax €5million (£3.8m) for the Denmark international (Guardian)