Arsenal pair Jack Wilshere and Alexis Sanchez are wanted at Manchester City and James Rodriguez h...
Arsenal pair Jack Wilshere and Alexis Sanchez are wanted at Manchester City and James Rodriguez has been offered to Manchester United for £60million.
United Offered £60m James
Manchester United have been offered Real Madrid forward James Rodriguez, according to an exclusive on Sunday.
The bizarre headline in the Daily Star Sunday claims the £60million transfer would ‘rock the Premier League’ and while the prospective move would become a British transfer record – eclipsing the £59.7million that United paid Real for Angel Di Maria two years ago – to say it would ‘rock the Premier League’ is a tad sensationalist.
The details in the report are also a bit sketchy and don’t forget Spanish daily AS this week reported James was the target of six top clubs including Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd
The report claims Portuguese super agent Jorge Mendes has offered the 24-year-old to United and Ed Woodward and co. are now weighing up the proposition for a player who cost Real in excess of £60million from Monaco two years ago.
City Chase Wilshere, Sanchez & Rose
In another exclusive, new Man City boss Pep Guardiola is planning a double raid on Arsenal for Jack Wilshere and Alexis Sanchez.
Tottenham full-back Danny Rose is also a target for the Spaniard as City “look to boost their quota of homegrown players to meet UEFA regulations” report the Sunday Mirror.
Guardiola, who signed the Sanchez for Barcelona in a £26million deal in 2011, is keen on the forward, who is believed to be exploring other options after Arsenal failed to mount a serious Premier League title bid.
The Gunners signed Sanchez for £35million and City are ready to offer £40million for the 27-year-old, who has two years left on his contract at The Emirates.
City are also ready to make a £40million offer for England midfielder Wilshere, who has missed almost the entire season through injury. The 24-year-old was the subject of interest from City last summer but now Guardiola wants to make a move for the player, who also has two years to run on his Gunners contract.
- Manchester United and France striker Anthony Martial, 20, has been targeted by Paris St-Germain. (L’Equipe)
- Arsenal are planning a £20m move for Swansea and Wales captain Ashley Williams, who will be 32 in August. (Sunday Express)
- Newcastle winger Andros Townsend, 24, is likely to be named in Roy Hodgson’s England squad for Euro 2016, edging out Arsenal forward Theo Walcott, 27. (Mail on Sunday)
- Everton have approached three-time Premier League winning manager Jose Mourinho about replacing Roberto Martinez at Goodison. (Sunday Times)
- Ex-Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez – currently at Newcastle – is interested in becoming Everton’s new manager. (Observer)
- Newcastle owner Mike Ashley is to hold face-to-face talks with Rafa Benitez to try and convince the Spaniard to stay. (Sunday Mirror)
- Leicester manager Claudio Ranieri wants to sign Swansea midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson, 26, to help his side defend their tile.(Sun on Sunday)
- The Foxes will also pay £23m for Sporting Lisbon’s Algerian striker Islam Slimani, 27. (A Bola)
- Tottenham are eying a £20m move for Basel’s Swiss 19-year-old striker Breel Embolo. (Sun on Sunday)
- Belgium striker Christian Benteke, 25, has said he wants to stay at Liverpool, despite struggling since his £32.5m move from Aston Villa last summer. (Liverpool Echo)
- Manchester City and Argentina defender Pablo Zabaleta, 31, will have surgery on his injured ankle – ruling him out of this summer’s Copa America. (Manchester Evening News)
- Real Madrid are weighing up a move for Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas, who has struggled in his second season at Stamford Bridge. (Sun on Sunday)
- Leicester have entered the race to sign £10m Liverpool target Ignacio Camacho. (Express)
- West Ham have enquired about Southampton’s Kenyan midfielder Victor Wanyama. (Star on Sunday)
- Aitor Karanka wants Mathieu Flamini to extend his playing career and help Middlesborough in their first season back in the Premier League. (Star on Sunday)
- Gonzalo Higuain is wanted by Chelsea and Manchester United. (Star on Sunday)
- Pep Guardiola has also told Manchester City to get him Real Madrid right-back Dani Carvajal – and City have made enquiries. (Sunday Mirror)
- Claudio Ranieri’s Leicester scouts have been running the rule over Inter Milan defender Jeison Murillo. (Sunday Mirror)
- Liverpool are closing in on the signing of Mainz goalkeeper Loris Karius – if they can guarantee him European football next season. (Sunday Mirror)