Arsenal have shortlisted their striker wish list to three men, while Harry Kane is on the verge o...
Arsenal have shortlisted their striker wish list to three men, while Harry Kane is on the verge of becoming Tottenham’s best-paid player of all-time, according to Friday morning’s newspapers.
Gunners Eye Trio
Arsene Wenger is keeping tabs on Vincent Janssen, Alvaro Morata and Mauro Icardi as Arsenal look to bolster their strikeforce this summer.
Kane To Pen New Deal
Tottenham are set to make Harry Kane the highest-paid player in their history of the club by offering the England forward a new £100,000-a-week deal.
- Pep Guardiola has made Arsenal midfielder Mikel Arteta a firm offer to take his first step into coaching at Manchester City (Daily Mail)
- Chelsea captain John Terry has paid £22,000 to hire out the Stamford Bridge pitch for a farewell party (Daily Mail)
- Chelsea’s Serbia midfielder Nemanja Matic, 27, will leave the club this summer after a £20m move to Italian champions Juventus was agreed (Daily Star)
- Thibaut Courtois seems set to leave Chelsea after learning goalkeeping coach Christophe Lollichon must stay (The Sun)
- Riyad Mahrez has told Leicester bosses he wants to stay and spearhead the club’s Champions League campaign (The Sun)
- Chelsea are threatening to relegate striker Dominic Solanke, 18, to their development squad next season unless he lowers his £50,000-a-week wage demands (The Times)
- Midfielder Yaya Toure, 32, thought he was being approached by Manchester United, not Manchester City, when his agent told him of the interest during his time at Barcelona in 2010 (Daily Mirror)
- West Ham United have offered Marseille £31m for Belgium striker Michy Batshuayi, 22, but face competition from European clubs including Juventus (The Guardian)
- Manchester United have stepped up their interest in Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane, 23. The France international has been dropped to the bench for key Champions League games this season (le 10 Sport)
- Arsenal midfielder Mathieu Flamini is in the sights of Greek giants Panathinaikos (The Sun)
- Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen has dealt Liverpool and Manchester City a blow by expressing his wish to remain at the Nou Camp this summer (Daily Mirror)
- Liverpool have joined the hunt for £6m-rated Charlton wonderkid Ademola Lookman (Daily Mirror)
- Lyon are ready to block Tottenham and West Ham’s attempts to land France striker Alexandre Lacazette (Daily Mirror)
- Bournemouth will receive a cash prize and not a place in next season’s Europa League if they win the Fair Play league, under new UEFA rules (Daily Mirror)
- Riyad Mahrez has told Leicester that he wants to stay with the Premier League champions (Daily Express)