Gonzalo Higuain has set his sights on a move to Liverpool this summer, while Radja Nainggolan has rejected a move to Chelsea in the hop...
Gonzalo Higuain has set his sights on a move to Liverpool this summer, while Radja Nainggolan has rejected a move to Chelsea in the hope of signing for Manchester United, claim Monday’s papers.
Higuain Wants To Play For Klopp
Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain wants to play under Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool, according to reports in both the Daily Mirror and Daily Express.
|Higuain, 28 , wants to quit the Italians after scoring a Serie A record 36 goals in 35 league games this season to help them finish as runners-up behind Juventus.|
The former Real Madrid frontman, who has attracted interested from Arsenal in previous transfer windows and also been linked with Manchester United , is keen to come to the Premier League and would like to play under Klopp.
Higuain, who has bagged 71 goals in 104 Serie A games, has already had offers and his camp are surprised Liverpool have yet to show any interest. He has the proven goal-scoring record Liverpool need and is not deterred by the Reds’ failure to qualify for Europe next season.
Klopp will overhaul his strike-force this summer and is open to offers for £32.5million misfit Christian Benteke, while Daniel Sturridge’s Anfield future remains in doubt.
Higuain, who has two years left on his contract, is the kind of marquee signing Liverpool fans want to see this summer as they try to compete with their big-spending Premier League rivals.
Napoli, who paid Real £34.5million for Higuain in 2013, do not want to lose the player but are preparing for his departure by targeting Everton’s Romelu Lukaku as a possible replacement.
Nainggolan Rejects Chelsea In Hope Of Man Utd Switch
Roma star Radja Nainggolan has reportedly rejected the chance to join Chelsea but is open to offers from Manchester United.
The Belgian ace is believed to be one of Antonio Conte’s top priorities this summer as the Italy boss looks to add some power to Chelsea’s midfield.
Reports last week claimed the Blues had launched a £27million bid to secure Nainggolan’s signature despite Roma demanding £35m.
But Gazzetta dello Sport journalist Nicolo Schira understands that the 28-year-old has snubbed Chelsea in favour of a Serie A stay.
Schita adds that despite Nainggolan’s reluctance to leave cash-strapped Roma, he would consider joining Jose Mourinho’s Manchester United revolution if an offer arrived from Old Trafford.
However, the former Cagliari ace’s preference is to remain with Luciano Spalletti’s side for the upcoming season after he told fans: “I will stay, I’m not moving from here. I’m happy in Rome, I don’t want to leave.”
- Thiago Silva’s agent has refused to rule out the prospect of the Paris St-Germain star making a summer switch to Manchester United (Daily Star)
- New Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho is considering a bid for Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba, 23, who has informally been placed on the transfer market (The Times)
- Borussia Dortmund chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke says reports that striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, 26, is set to leave this summer are nothing more than “total nonsense” (Bild)
- Liverpool will reportedly go all out to try to sign Borussia Monchengladbach star Mahmoud Dahoud this summer (Daily Star)
- Steve Bruce could quit only days after masterminding Hull’s £170m promotion win to the Premier League (Daily Star)
- Turkish champions Besiktas are looking to sign Arsenal’s second-choice goalkeeper David Ospina, 27, in a £3m deal (Daily Mirror)
- Jose Mourinho has told the Old Trafford club to spend £54m on Atletico Madrid midfielder Saul Niguez, 21 (Daily Star)
- Jose Mourinho wants former Man Utd defender Rio Ferdinand in his backroom staff and will bid £10m for West Ham’s teenager Reece Oxford (The Sun)
- Sunderland are tracking QPR defender Steven Caulker, 24, who is available for £4.5m and Borussia Dortmund Nevan Subotic, 27, who could be available on a season-long loan deal (Sunderland Echo)
- West Ham have made a £11.4m bid for Juventus playmaker Roberto Pereyra, 25, but the Serie A champions want £13m (Tuttosport)
- Liverpool and Tottenham transfer target Shane Long is set for a big new Southampton contract offer (Daily Mirror)
- Chelsea are looking to sign River Plate defender Emanuel Mammana, 20, for £8m but face competition from Italian sides Inter Milan and Fiorentina (Goal)
- Everton have offered to make Ronald Koeman one of the best-paid managers in the Premier League (Daily Mirror)
- Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo has hit back at his critics claiming they are just jealous that he’s still the No 1 (Daily Mail)
- Manchester United sensation Marcus Rashford and full-back Cameron Borthwick-Jackson are set to sign new, improved long-term contracts (The Independent)
- Celtic have been warned they would have to break the bank to reunite Liverpool midfielder Joe Allen with Brendan Rodgers (Daily Record)