Jose Mourinho has identified three players he believes can strengthen Manchester United’s spine...
Jose Mourinho has identified three players he believes can strengthen Manchester United’s spine this summer, while Joe Hart is being linked with a £40million move to another Premier League club, according to Tuesday morning’s papers.
Mourinho Identifies Trio To Strengthen Manchester United Spine
Jose Mourinho wants to improve the spine of Manchester United’s side as soon as possible, after he is confirmed as manager. Zlatan Ibrahimovic, John Stones and Nemanja Matic are said to be at the top of his wanted list.
According to the Daily Mail, Mourinho will have a transfer kitty of £200million to spend this summer – and with a deal for Ibrahimovic seemingly already in the bag –
Mourinho may next turn his attentions to his old club Chelsea and midfielder Matic, who is expected to cost around £25million following an indifferent season with the Blues.
Stones, meanwhile, would cost about £45m – possibly higher if United get into an ‘auction’ for the player – though a cheaper alternative Mourinho could pursue is Real Madrid’s Raphael Varane, whose fee would be £35m.
The paper goes on to claim that Juan Mata will seek showdown talks with Mourinho in a bid to settle his differences with his former Chelsea manager, but claims the future of David De Gea remains less certain with Real Madrid still holding a torch for the former Atletico goalkeeper.
Meanwhile, the Daily Express claims Mourinho wants to add a touch of flair to his side with the signing of Sporting Lisbon winger Andre Carrillo.
Everton Plan £40m Hart Move
Everton’s ambitious super-rich new owner Farhad Moshiri is making an astonishing attempt to buy Joe Hart, according to reports in The Sun.
The Iranian money man is ready to throw around £40million at a bid for the Manchester City star in the hope that Pep Guardiola can be persuaded to sell. And the Goodison supremo will back that up with a fortune for Hart, who will be offered around £200,000-a-week.
Moshiri means business on Merseyside and has set the move in motion. He plans a couple of major captures, but the England keeper tops his list.
Everton have let Tim Howard go and Joel Robles has been hit and miss in his time in the team that ended the season disappointingly.
Hart’s future at City has been cast into doubt by rumours that Guardiola wants a keeper who is better with the ball at his feet. If the new City coach could land German keeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen from old club Barcelona he could even be tempted to do business in one of the deals of the summer.
- Gary Neville and Brian Kidd are among the contenders to join Jose Mourinho’s backroom staff once he is confirmed as Manchester United’s next manager (The Sun)
- Tottenham are set to sign striker Jonathan Calleri, with the Sao Paulo player’s agent claiming a verbal agreement is already in place (The Sun)
- Manchester City are closing on a four-year deal to sign Borussia Dortmund midfielder Ilkay Gundogan and also hope to sign Real Sociedad ‘keeper Geronimo Rulli (Daily Mail)
- Louis van Gaal received a £5m pay-off to leave Manchester United, who will give Jose Mourinho £15m per year to replace the Dutchman (Daily Express)
- Alvaro Morata is poised to leave Juventus this summer, with Arsenal leading the race to sign the striker for £51m. A picture posted on Instagram hinted his stay in Turin is coming to an end (Daily Star)
- Leicester are ready to hand midfielder Danny Drinkwater an £80,000 a week contract to stave off interest from Liverpool (Daily Star)
- Louis van Gaal learned of his dismissal from Manchester United in a phone call with the man expected to replace him, Jose Mourinho (Daily Mirror)
- David Moyes is on a nine-man shortlist for Everton’s managerial vacancy, with Manuel Pellegrini, Frank de Boer and Unai Emery also set to be interviewed (Daily Mirror)
- Aston Villa’s managerial shortlist is down to Roberto Di Matteo and Nigel Pearson after they were snubbed by David Moyes (Daily Mirror)
- Arsenal expect to complete the signing of Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Granit Xhaka in the next 48 hours (Daily Mirror)
- Ryan Giggs is seeking assurances from Jose Mourinho that he will be allowed to keep his role as Manchester United assistant manager (The Times)
- Leicester City would have to pay 30m euro (£23.25m) for Sporting Lisbon striker Islam Slimani, who is also attracting interest from Arsenal and Tottenham (SCIS)
- Bournemouth are considering making a £4m move for Tottenham’s 24-year-old midfielder Ryan Mason (Daily Mirror)
- Liverpool hope a tribunal will order Watford to pay more than £4m for 19-year-old striker Jerome Sinclair, who has signed a four-year contract with the Hornets (Liverpool Echo)
- Espanyol have turned down the opportunity to buy Watford goalkeeper Giedrius Arlauskis, 28, following his loan spell with the Spanish club (Watford Observer)