Chelsea are holding talks with Paul Pogba’s agent over a move, while Liverpool are likely to be priced out of a move for Barcelona righ...
Chelsea are holding talks with Paul Pogba’s agent over a move, while Liverpool are likely to be priced out of a move for Barcelona right-back Aleix Vidal, according to Saturday morning’s newspapers.
Liverpool Scared Off Bid For Vidal
Liverpool have been warned they will not be able to land Barcelona right-back Aleix Vidal for any less than £45million – because he is expected to replace Dani Alves.
Vidal joined Barcelona only last summer in a deal that could be worth up to £17million depending on add-on conditions met.
But the player has struggled to break onto the first team at the Nou Camp this season with only 14 appearances in all competitions. And according to Spanish newspaper Mundo Deportivo, Jurgen Klopp is planning on offering Vidal a way out of Barcelona this summer.
However, with long-term right-back Dani Alves said to be on the brink of a move to Juventus, Barca see Vidal as their first-choice right-back going into the 2016/17 campaign.
Luis Enrique’s side remain keen on Arsenal’s Hector Bellerin, but the Spaniard has hinted he wants to stay with the Gunners for now – meaning Barca will likely start the season with Vidal in their side, and give any Liverpool approach for the player short shrift.
Chelsea In Talks For £80m Pogba
Chelsea are in talks over a £80million move for Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba, according to reports in France.
Get French Football News report that the west London outfit are in ‘constant contact’ with Pogba’s agent in a bid to grease the wheels over a potential £80million to Stamford Bridge.
Pogba has been speaking publicly about his desire to remain in Turin, but GFFN say that privately he has accepted it is time to move.
Antonio Conte has told the Blues’ hierarchy that Pogba’s signature is his absolute priority this summer – but it will not be straightforward.
Pogba’s massive price tag is a big stumbling block, as is reported interest from Real Madrid.
Manchester United have been linked with their former player and new boss Jose Mourinho is set to be handed a monster war chest this summer.
However, his priories are up from and at centre back rather than the middle of midfield.
- Manchester United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward will “pander to Jose Mourinho and give him a bottomless pit of cash” (Daily Star)
- Arsenal fear Mesut Ozil is being targeted by Bayern Munich after contract talks with the 27-year-old midfielder were put on hold until the end of the summer (The Sun)
- Jose Mourinho wants to make Chelsea’s Willian one of his first signings at Manchester United while it would be a major surprise if Zlatan Ibrahimovic does not join on a free transfer (The Guardian)
- Robert Lewandowski’s agent has revealed that the Bayern Munich striker has held talks with Real Madrid and could be interested in leaving the German champions this summer (The Guardian)
- Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino was photographed watching the Republic of Ireland draw with the Netherlands in Dublin – and he was sat next to Southampton striker Shane Long’s agent (Daily Telegraph)
- Midfielder Yaya Toure, 33, will tell new boss Pep Guardiola he wants to stay at Manchester City after rejecting the chance to move to China to be the highest paid player in the world (Manchester Evening News)
- Arsenal’s Hector Bellerin says he is “happy” to receive interest from other clubs, with the 21-year-old emerging as Barca’s first choice should Alves join Juventus (Daily Mirror)
- Hatem Ben Arfa claims he can be a great like Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo (The Sun)
- Memphis Depay’s name was spelt wrong on the Netherlands teamsheet for Friday night’s match against Republic of Ireland (The Sun)
- Arsenal could miss out on Alvaro Morata after Paris Saint-Germain twice met with the Juvenus striker’s agent (The Sun)
- Arsenal have reportedly made an offer for Udinese and Colombian striker Duvan Zapata (Daily Express)
- Barcelona have offered Villarreal midfielder Denis Suarez a five-year contract (Daily Express)
- Fernando Torres has admitted he didn’t enjoy Chelsea’s Champions League success when he was at the Stamford Bridge club (Daily Mirror)
- Galatasaray are weighing up a bid for Liverpool misfit Mario Balotelli (Daily Mirror)
- Juan Mata is seeking assurances over his Manchester United future after Jose Mourinho became the new manager (Daily Mail)
- AC Milan’s teenage goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma is set to stay put this summer despite attracting interesting from Manchester United and Chelsea (Daily Mail)
- Antonio Conte will not entertain the idea of selling Willian to Manchester United but the Chelsea head coach is willing to let fellow Brazil international Oscar leave this summer (Daily Mail)
- Claudio Ranieri is close to signing a new £3m-a-year contract at Premier League champions Leicester City (Daily Telegraph)