Manchester City have handed Chelsea a boost in their pursuit of John Stones, while Jose Mourinho faces another battle to sign John Stones...
Manchester City have handed Chelsea a boost in their pursuit of John Stones, while Jose Mourinho faces another battle to sign John Stones, according to today’s papers.
Chelsea Given Pogba Green Light
Antonio Conte is determined to land Juventus star Paul Pogba this summer, and reports suggest Manchester City could pave the way for Chelsea to land the midfielder.
According to The Sun, Chelsea are in constant contact with Pogba’s representatives, but were expected to face stiff competition from the likes of City and Barcelona.
However, The Star report that incoming City boss Pep Guardiola has instead turned his attention to Real Madrid midfielder Toni Kroos, who helped Los Blancos win the Champions League final on Saturday night.
And this could open the door for Chelsea to make a £76million move for the 23-year-old.
Mourinho Priorities Stones
According to the Sunday Express, Jose Mourinho has told Manchester United chiefs that Everton defender John Stones should be a priority signing this summer.
Mourinho is a long-term admirer of Stones, who he tried to sign on numerous occasions last summer while he was still in charge of Chelsea.
And the Portuguese remains a big fan of the 22-year-old, despite the centre-back’s poor form for Everton over the last 12 months.
Everton face another battle to keep hold of Stones, with Spanish champions Barcelona also interested in the England international.
And according to the Mail on Sunday, the Catalan giants are about to make an opening offer of £25million for the defender.
Last year, Everton are understood to have rejected an offer in the region of £40million from Chelsea.
- Manchester United’s England striker Marcus Rashford, 18, has signed a long-term contract with his basic salary being £20,000 per week, plus bonuses (Telegraph)
- Everton’s Belgium striker Romelu Lukaku, 23, is a target for Paris St-Germain as the French champions search for a replacement for Manchester United-bound Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Express)
- the Merseyside club are doing further reference checks on former Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini after he impressed during talks last week (Mail)
- Premier League champions Leicester, along with Liverpool, are interested in signing Arsenal and England midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, 22 (Express)
- Arsenal want to buy Colombia striker Duvan Zapata. The 25-year-old is on a two-year loan deal at Udinese from parent club Napoli (Evening Standard)
- Tottenham could bid for 25-year-old Barcelona defender Marc Bartra, who would be available for £6.4m because of a release clause in his contract (Sport)
- Swansea want to re-sign former striker Wilfried Bony, 27, from Manchester City, the club they sold him to. The fee would be £16m, the outstanding balance that City still need to pay from the original transfer (Mirror)
- Leicester have had an £18m bid rejected for former Stoke midfielder Steven N’Zonzi. The 27-year-old helped Sevilla win this season’s Europa League (Mirror)
- Crystal Palace are keen on a triple summer transfer swoop for Steven Caulker, Ryan Mason and Saido Berahino (Express)
- West Ham have made a £3m offer for Toulouse striker Martin Braithwaite that could trigger Diafra Sakho’s sale to Sunderland (Mail)