Wenger Eyes Striker As Xhaka Deal Close With Arsenal’s signing of Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Granit Xhaka understood to be a...
Wenger Eyes Striker As Xhaka Deal Close
With Arsenal’s signing of Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Granit Xhaka understood to be all but agreed, Arsene Wenger has turned his attention to signing a big-name striker.
And according to the Mail on Sunday, Real Madrid forward Karim Benzema is yet again one of the Gunners’ main targets.
Benzema was linked with Arsenal throughout the whole of last summer, and the France international’s future at the Bernabeu could be under threat if Real sign either Borussia Dortmund’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang or Bayern Munich’s Robert Lewandowski.
However, one player who won’t be moving to the Emirates is Zlatan Ibrahimovic, with the north Londoners unwilling to match the 34-year-old’s wage demands.
Manchester United Face Battle To Land Young Defedner
Manchester United will battle with Juventus this summer to land Ajax defender Kenny Tete.
Holland international Tete, 20, has rejected a new deal at the Dutch giants, and with a little over a year left on his contract, could be available for as little as £5million, according to both the Sunday Mirror and Sunday People.
- Jose Mourinho is adamant he will take over at Old Trafford in the summer and has made Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain his main target (Sunday People)
- Real Madrid have started to closely monitor prodigious Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli (Daily Express)
- Theo Walcott will consider his future at Arsenal this summer if he continues to struggle for first-team football (The Sun)
- Chelsea hope to beat Tottenham to the signing of young Fulham striker Moussa Dembele (Daily Mail)
- Everton are eyeing Mainz goalkeeper Loris Karius as a replacement for Tim Howard (Sunday People)
- Claudio Ranieri is weighing up a £7million move for AC Milan midfielder Keisuke Honda (The Sun)
- Jose Mourinho is confident he will be Manchester United manager next season and has lined up a £70m move for Napoli's Argentine striker Gonzalo Higuain, 28. (Sunday People)
- Brazil forward Alexandre Pato, 26, would like to stay at Chelsea once his loan from Corinthians runs out at the end of the season. Paris St-Germain's Sweden striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 34, is in talks with Manchester United over a £600,000-a-week deal. (Corriere dello Sport, via Star on Sunday)
- England international Theo Walcott, 27, wants to leave Arsenal after only starting one Premier League game since the end of January.(Sunday Mirror)
- Manchester United and Chelsea target Mauro Icardi, 23, will not leave Inter Milan next season, with manager Roberto Mancini also set to stay at the San Siro. (Sunday Express)
- Watford will pay £2m to sign Liverpool's Jerome Sinclair, but Crystal Palace and West Brom are also keen on the 19-year-old forward. (Sunday Mirror)
- Arsenal are close to signing Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Granit Xhaka, though a fee has yet to be negotiated for the 23-year-old Switzerland international. The German club want £30m and the Gunners are willing to pay £20m. (Mail on Sunday)
- Manager Arsene Wenger hopes to bring two players from La Liga strugglers Getafe - midfielder Pablo Sarabia, 23, and forward Alvaro Vazquez, 24 - to Arsenal. (Don Balon via Metro)
- Wenger will also give 20-year-old forward Chuba Akpom a chance at Emirates Stadium next season, with the England Under-21 international impressing on loan at Hull City.(Goal.com)
- Tottenham are close to renewing the contracts of 24-year-old midfielders Christian Eriksen and Erik Lamela, as well as defender Jan Vertonghen, 28.(Star on Sunday)