Manchester United are in the hunt for a France forward and a couple of Belgian midfielders, ...
Manchester United are in the hunt for a France forward and a couple of Belgian midfielders, while West Ham are leading the chase for Marseille star Michy Batshuayi.
Lacazette Linked With United And Spurs
Alexandre Lacazette is again being linked to the Premier League, nearly a year on from almost joining Newcastle.
Manchester United are said to have been watching the Lyon striker closely during a season in which he has scored 19 goals in 40 appearances for the Ligue 1 side.
That is according to the Daily Express, which also reports that Tottenham have been following Lacazette’s progress, as well as Lyon team-mate Samuel Umtiti.
The Sun writes that Lyon have already identified Lacazette’s replacement: Toulouse striker Wissam Ben Yedde.
Lacazette, 24, was heavily linked with a switch to Newcastle last summer after finishing as Ligue 1’s top scorer in 2014-15. The forward, who has notched seven goals in his last six matches was close to moving to St James’ Park for a fee in the region of £22million but opted to stay in France.
Hammers To Iron Out Deal For Batshuayi
West Ham are understood to have jumped ahead of Tottenham in the queue to sign Michy Batshuayi.
The Hammers are looking to splash the cash ahead of their move tot the Olympic Stadium this summer and L’Equipe claims the club’s owners have sanctioned a deal worth £31.5million to bring the Marseille striker to London.
Belgian Batshuayi, 22, has scored 15 goals in 33 Ligue 1 appearances for OM this season. West Ham have already strengthened their attacking ranks ahead of next season with the signing of Toni Martinez from Valencia.
- West Ham have been offered Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, 22, as Arsenal prepare to sell the midfielder this summer. (Daily Mirror)
- Barcelona are considering selling Neymar, 24, this summer because they cannot afford to tie the Brazilian down to a new long-term deal, and Manchester United are ready to make a move for the forward. (Sun)
- Lyon's 24-year-old forward Alexandre Lacazette, who almost joined Newcastle for £22m, is a summer target for Manchester United. (L'Equipe, via Metro)
- Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal believes winning the FA Cup could start a new era of success at the club. (Daily Star)
- Newcastle boss Rafael Benitez has refused to rule out staying on at the club next season - even if they are playing in the Championship. (Daily Mirror)
- Chelsea fear they will lose highly-rated teenager Dominic Solanke after the 18-year-old rejected a new contract offer. (Daily Mail)
- Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is facing a difficult summer of trying to control his wage bill, with Spurs players and agents likely to demand pay rises for finishing in the top four in the Premier League. (Telegraph)