Here are the top transfer-related stories in Friday's newspapers and online... Jose Mourinho is house hunting in Manchester — pav...
Here are the top transfer-related stories in Friday's newspapers and online...
- Jose Mourinho is house hunting in Manchester — paving the way for a move to United. An agent working for the Portuguese is looking for a suitable property in Cheshire. Mourinho has a verbal understanding with the club that he will take over from Louis van Gaal at the end of May. (The Sun)
- But Real Madrid will make a desperate attempt to steal Jose Mourinho from Manchester United’s clutches should they be eliminated from the Champions League next Tuesday. (Daily Mirror)
- Manchester United could ruin their hopes of landing Zlatan Ibrahimovic by keeping Louis van Gaal as manager for next season and passing up the chance to appoint Jose Mourinho. Ibrahimovic is yet to agree a new contract at Paris Saint-Germain and would consider a switch to Old Trafford this summer if Mourinho is in charge as the pair are close. (Daily Telegraph)
- Arsene Wenger has revived his interest in Spain striker Alvaro Morata. Wenger is a long-time admirer of the Juventus forward and sees him as a potential big transfer coup for this summer. And Wenger is also revisiting another former target as Arsenal are ready to battle it out with London rivals Chelsea for Roma’s Greek defender Kostas Manolas. (Daily Mirror)
- Chelsea's wantaway striker Diego Costa is prepared to consider a money-spinning move to China if Atletico Madrid cannot afford to take him back to Spain this summer. Despite confirmation that Antonio Conte will take over as head coach after Euro 2016, Costa remains keen to leave Stamford Bridge at the end of this season. (Daily Telegraph)
- Eden Hazard is set to be the first casualty of Antonio Conte’s regime as Chelsea manager. Two top agents have told Europe’s elite clubs the Belgium international is for sale. They have close ties to the Blues and have had extensive transfer dealings in and out of Stamford Bridge. (The Sun)
- Chelsea are growing in confidence that they will be able to signMiralem Pjanic from Roma this summer. The Serie A club fear the £30million-rated Bosnia international has already decided he wants to leave and will not sign an extension to his current contract, which expires in 2018. (London Evening Standard)
- Ronald Koeman says Southampton are ready to offer goalkeeper Fraser Forster a new contract to fend off interest from Chelsea. The outgoing champions have £20million-rated Forster on their radar, in case their ex-Atletico Madrid keeper Thibaut Courtois wants to quit Stamford Bridge and return to Spain. (Daily Mirror)
- Manchester City spies were in Spain on Thursday night to watch one of Pep Guardiola’s wish-list targets. Centre-back Eric Bailly lined up for La Liga side Villarreal against Sparta Prague in the Europa League quarter-final. (Daily Mirror)
- Mario Balotelli is "desperate" to leave Liverpool and join AC Milan on a permanent deal this summer. The controversial striker returned to the San Siro on a season-long loan last August almost 12 months after joining Liverpool from Milan for £16million. (Daily Express)
- Tottenham have offered Mauricio Pochettino a money-spinning new contract that would make him the best-paid manager in the club's history. The deal is understood to be a five-year contract worth £5.5million a year. The terms also include lucrative performance-related bonuses. (Daily Mail)
- West Brom boss Tony Pulis is expected to speak to chairman Jeremy Peace about a new contract in the summer. The pair will to hold wide-ranging talks which will include discussions over Pulis' future. (Daily Mail)