Man Utd Scouts Spotted At Sporting Manchester United had scouts at Sporting Lisbon’s 1-0 victory over Moreirense over the we...
Man Utd Scouts Spotted At Sporting
Manchester United had scouts at Sporting Lisbon’s 1-0 victory over Moreirense over the weekend to watch long-term target William Carvalho but also Joao Mario, according to reports from Portugal.
Carvalho has been watched by United for several years and is seemingly still on their radar ahead of Jose Mourinho’s likely appointment this summer, but Mario is a much newer addition to the club’s list of possible transfer targets having stood out this season for Sporting.
Carvalho, 24, is a holding midfielder and has also been linked in the past with Arsenal, while Mario, 23, is a left winger. Both players are full Portugal internationals.
- Former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho appears to have overcome the opposition of Sir Alex Ferguson and will replace Louis van Gaal as Manchester United manager. (Manchester Evening News)
- The former Chelsea boss has told friends he is confident of succeeding Van Gaal at Old Trafford this summer. (Telegraph)
- Hull boss Steve Bruce is a leading candidate to be the next Aston Villa manager - as is former Leicester boss Nigel Pearson.(Independent)
- Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy could be suspended for more than one match after being sent off against West Ham if referee Jon Moss reports the 29-year-old as being verbally abusive before leaving the pitch.(Guardian)
- Italy striker Mario Balotelli, who is on loan at AC Milan, says he does not want to return to Liverpool at the end of the season.(ESPN)
- Barcelona forward Neymar, 24, allegedly threw a water bottle at an opposition player in the tunnel after Sunday's 2-1 home defeat by Valencia.(Marca in Spanish)
- Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini says the club's announcement he will be replaced by Pep Guardiola in the summer could have played a part in the poor form that has left their title hopes all but over.(Mirror)
- Liverpool midfielder Joe Allen's recent form has prompted Reds boss Jurgen Klopp to say the 26-year-old Wales international deserves a new deal. (Star)
- Klopp, meanwhile, has denied he fell out with 20-year-old midfielder Jordon Ibe earlier this season. (Express)
- Stoke manager Mark Hughes has hinted Tottenham are in front of the Potters in the race to sign West Brom striker Saido Berahino, 22.(Sun)
- Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has revived his interest in Leicester's 19-year-old left-back Ben Chilwell, who is yet to sign a new deal offered to him by the Foxes.(Mirror)
- Leeds are lining up World Cup-winning former Italy captain Fabio Cannavaro, 42, as their next manager. (Mail)
- However, Leeds owner Massimo Cellino insists he is not looking to appoint Cannavaro and has no intention of walking away from the club. (Telegraph)