Mahrez Emerge As Arsenal’s Top Summer Target Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has told friends Riyad Mahrez is his top priority in ...
Mahrez Emerge As Arsenal’s Top Summer Target
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has told friends Riyad Mahrez is his top priority in the summer transfer window, according to reports.
Mahrez, 25, has had a barnstorming campaign for Leicester City this season and is one of six candidates to be named PFA Player of the Year, along with Foxes team-mates Jamie Vardy and N’Golo Kante.
The Sun say Gunners boss Wenger has been so impressed by the £25million-rated Mahrez that he’s already informed close companions the winger is his number one target.
It’s understood the Frenchman had the chance to sign Mahrez for just £400,000 back in January 2014 but instead opted to bring bigger names to the Emirates.
Barcelona are also keeping tabs on the highly-rated Algeria international.
- Paris Saint-Germain have contacted former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho, who is also reportedly a target for Manchester United, over the possibility of becoming their new manager next season. (Independent)
- Tottenham are concerned that manager Mauricio Pochettino will become Manchester United's favoured target after PSG joined the hunt for Mourinho. (Sun)
- Everton striker Romelu Lukaku, 22, has fuelled speculation linking him with a return to Chelsea by suggesting he has "unfinished business" with the London club. (Daily Mirror)
- Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo has met the Paris Saint-Germain president five times to discuss a summer move to the French capital. (France Football, via Daily Mirror)
- Manchester City expect to finalise the £23m transfer of midfielder Ilkay Gundogan, 25, from Borussia Dortmund at the end of the season. (Daily Mail)
- Arsenal are facing a battle to persuade forward Alexis Sanchez and midfielder Mesut Ozil, both 27, to sign contract extensions at the Emirates Stadium with talks over new deals being placed on hold until the summer. (Times - subscription required)
- Borussia Monchengladbach will try to negotiate a permanent deal for 20-year-old Chelsea defender Andreas Christensen this summer. (Talksport)
- City will make no decision on the futures of Yaya Toure, Pablo Zabaleta, Bacary Sagna, Fernandinho, Jesus Navas and Willy Caballero until the end of the season. (Guardian)
- Liverpool are in advanced discussions with prospective new Middle Eastern owners who could provide the club with a huge summer war chest. (Daily Star)
- Arsenal midfielder Gedion Zelalem, 19, is open to returning to Rangers - where he is currently on loan - next season. (Evening Standard)
- Roma forward Francesco Totti, 39, is set to snub a summer approach from Leicester and make a switch to MLS side New York Cosmos. (Sun)
- Aston Villa are exploring if they have legal grounds to sack club captain Gabriel Agbonlahor after he was allegedly pictured with laughing gas canisters. (Daily Mirror)
- Manchester United scouts watched 18-year-old Bologna midfielder Amadou Diawara during their 1-0 loss to Torino on Saturday. (Goal Italia, via Daily Express)
- Napoli winger Dries Mertens, 28, is a target for Liverpool, but the Belgium international is reportedly close to extending his contract with the Italian club to 2020. (Tuttomercatoweb, via Daily Express)