Liverpool are planning a £30million swoop for Marseille striker Michy Batshuayi, while Europe’s top clubs are planning a swoop on Totte...
Liverpool are planning a £30million swoop for Marseille striker Michy Batshuayi, while Europe’s top clubs are planning a swoop on Tottenham for Harry Kane, according to Tuesday morning’s papers.
Liverpool Target £30million Batshuayi Swoop
Jurgen Klopp is planning to do battle with Tottenham, West Ham and Juventus for Marseille’s £30million-rated Belgian, according to the Daily Mirror.
Batshuayi, 22, is a man in demand after bagging 24 goals in 52 appearances for club and country this season. He is on Klopp’s radar as the Liverpool boss prepares to shake up his strike force this summer, even though the striker only recently signed a new deal with Marseille until 2020.
Christian Benteke, a target for West Ham and Atletico Madrid, is Liverpool’s most likely departure.
Batshuayi is viewed as a more affordable target though it will still take a bid in excess of £30m to land the frontman who is set to leave Marseille at the end of this season.
Real Madrid And Bayern Munich Keen On Kane
European giants Real Madrid and Bayern Munich are keeping an eye on Tottenham striker Harry Kane, 22, and have asked to be kept informed of his future plans, claims the London Evening Standard.
The striker is happy at Tottenham and has no thoughts of playing elsewhere, but sources in Spain and Germany have told Standard Sport that both Real and Bayern have asked to be kept informed of his plans.
The 22-year-old signed a five-and-a-half-year deal 14 months ago, which increased his wages to about £50,000 a week.
Real and Bayern, who are both in this season’s Champions League semi-finals, have watched Kane during this campaign. Real are thought to be considering selling Karim Benzema in the summer, and their head coach, Zinedine Zidane, has praised the England forward for his work this term.
Bayern are in contract talks with forward Robert Lewandowski, whose deal expires in three years and who has also been linked with Real Madrid. Kane first appeared on Real’s radar last season and scouts were despatched three times to watch him in action.
- Manchester City are set to sign Borussia Dortmund midfielder Ilkay Gundogan, 25, with the German club refusing to deny a deal is imminent. (Bild, via Manchester Evening News)
- Chelsea are ready to offer 25-year-old Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann a lucrative deal to join the club. (Mirror)
- Should Jose Mourinho become Manchester United manager, he will sign 34-year-old Paris St-Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Benfica midfielder Renato Sanches, 18, and Everton defender John Stones, 21. (Sun)
- Liverpool are the target of a £700m takeover move by an anonymous member of the Abu Dhabi royal family. (Star)
- Tottenham have dropped their interest in 19-year-old Fulham striker Moussa Dembele, who was invited by Chelsea to watch their home game against Manchester City at the weekend. (Mail)
- Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez, 27, has been urged to join Bayern Munich - by his Chile team-mate Arturo Vidal. (Metro)
- The Gunners have postponed contract talks with Sanchez and midfielder Mesut Ozil, 27, until the end of the season. Both players need convincing the team will be able to compete for honours. (Times)
- Chelsea will move for Southampton goalkeeper Fraser Forster, 28, should Belgium international Thibaut Courtois, 23, leave. (Mirror)
- Leicester City's N'Golo Kante, 25, could be an option for Serie A champions Juventus after midfielder Claudio Marchisio injured a knee. (Gazzetta dello Sport)
- Liverpool and Arsenal have an "80% chance" of signing Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Granit Xhaka, 23. (Bild - in German)
- Manchester United have told Michael Carrick, 34, they want to give him a new deal, but the midfielder will have to wait until the position of the club's manager is clarified. (Sun)
- Spain midfielder Juan Mata, 27, also faces an uncertain future at United - whoever the manager will be next season. (Manchester Evening News)
- Arsenal midfielder Mikel Arteta, 34, could join north London rivals Tottenham next season - as part of Mauricio Pochettino's coaching staff.(Star)