Here are the top transfer-related stories in Tuesday's newspapers and online... Chelsea ar...
Here are the top transfer-related stories in Tuesday's newspapers and online...
- Chelsea are planning to flex their financial muscles by bidding for Barcelona midfielder Arda Turan, claim reports in Spain. Turan only signed for the Catalans from Atletico Madrid last summer but was forced to wait until January to make his debut due to the club's transfer ban. He has since made 20 appearances, scoring twice.
- Manchester City are expected to beat Premier League rivals to the signing of Athletic Bilbao defender Aymeric Laporte this summer. Pep Guardiola has made a top-quality centre-back one of his priorities this summer and the Frenchman has agreed, in principle, to a £35million move to Manchester. (Daily Mirror)
- Jose Mourinho remains confident he will replace Louis van Gaal as Manchester United manager and wants to sign five new players for the club this summer. (Daily Express)
- Manchester United watched Renato Sanches star for Benfica once again on Saturday but were joined in the stands by a scout from Arsenal too. (Daily Mail)
- Liverpool have leapt to the head of the queue to sign Ipswich wonderkid Andre Dozzell. The Reds are already in talks with the Championship club for England Under-17 captain Dozzell, who has the same agent as the world's most expensive player, Real Madrid and Wales star Gareth Bale. The midfielder will not be 17 until next month and the Suffolk side are set to pocket around £1.5million in compensation when he moves on. (Daily Mirror)
- Liverpool’s rivalry with Borussia Dortmund is set to extend beyond the Europa League this summer with both clubs keen on signing the highly-rated midfielder Mahmoud Dahoud. The 20-year-old Borussia Mönchengladbach player has attracted widespread interest during his breakthrough season in the Bundesliga, where he has starred alongside captain and the Arsenal target Granit Xhaka. (Guardian)
- Everton have NOT sounded out former Argentina and Chile boss Marcelo Bielsa about becoming their next manager. (Liverpool Echo)
- West Ham fear Diafra Sakho is using his selection row to wangle a move away. The £4.5million Senegal striker, 26, pulled out of the squad which drew 3-3 with Arsenal after learning he was being replaced in the line-up by Andy Carroll. (The Sun)
- West Ham United are following Racing Club striker Gustavo Bou with a view to a £9million move for the Argentine forward. The 26-year-old Bou was a late bloomer but has become one of the most feared strikers in South America since joining Racing where he has scored 43 goals in 50 games. (Daily Mirror)