Here’s a roundup of transfer news in newspapers and top websites this morning PSG Target Da...
Here’s a roundup of transfer news in newspapers and top websites this morning
PSG Target Daniel Sturridge
Paris Saint-Germain are targeting a £45million move for Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge.
A delegation from the Parisian club are due in London to attend England’s clash with Holland at Wembley on Tuesday.
|Paris Saint-Germain are targeting a £45million move for Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge|
Sturridge is set to play some part in the prestigious friendly following his recall to the international set-up. The Liverpool star is currently on international duty with England, with PSG set to send delegates to watch him
PSG boss Laurent Blanc will be in the market for a new centre forward in the summer with Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Edinson Cavani set to leave. And Sturridge is one of the stellar names on PSG’s wanted list. Read more on DailyMail.
Chelsea Show Interest In Roma’s Midfield Enforcer
Chelsea face competition from Juventus for Belgium international midfielder Radja Nainggolan.
If he takes the manager's job, Antonio Conte wants the Roma star as one of his first recruits at Stamford Bridge with question marks raised over Jon Obi Mikel and Nemanja Matic.
|Chelsea face competition from Juventus for Belgium international midfielder Radja Nainggolan|
However, Juventus are bracing themselves for the departure of Paul Pogba, with Chelsea among his suitors too, and have made initial enquiries about Nainggolan, who is valued at around £25million. Read more on DailyMail.
Juventus Desperate To Keep Pogba
Juventus are confident that talisman Paul Pogba will not be leaving in the summer, with the midfielder fully committed to the club.
|Juve will try to ward off Chelsea and City's interest in Pogba|
Pogba has attracted interest from Europe's premier teams after almost four stellar seasons with the Italian giants. The 23-year-old's current deal expires in June 2019 and Juventus director Giuseppe Marotta believes they won't be losing his talents any time soon.
Real Madrid Plan Dramatic Morata Return
Arsenal and Liverpool are on alert as Real Madrid prepared to exercise their right to re-sign striker Alvaro Morata from Juventus. Real Madrid have devised a plan to activate their buy-back clause on Juventus striker Alvaro Morata in order to make a profit, according to reports in Spain. Madrid sold the Morata to the Old Lady for £15.7m in 2014 but included a clause in the deal stating they could re-sign the 23-year-old in July of 2016 or 2017 for an improved fee of £23.6m.
|Morata could be on his way to Arsenal|
There is a popular theory that the Spanish giants plan to then sell the 23-year-old to the highest bidder, aware of interest from the English clubs and Bayern Munich.
The Spaniard has impressed since departing the Bernabeu, scoring 25 goals in 86 appearances since moving to Turin from Madrid in 2014, leading the Los Blancos faithful to call for a return of the home-grown product. Read more on DailyMail
Other transfer gists
- Liverpool and Arsenal are set to compete for the £31m signing of Bayern Munich's Germany midfielder Mario Gotze, 23, in the summer. (Daily Star)
- Chelsea hope their £73m valuation of Belgium keeper Thibaut Courtois, 23, will scare off Real Madrid's interest. (London Evening Standard)
- Former Manchester United and Everton manager David Moyes, 52, is still interested in taking over at Aston Villa this summer, despite the Birmingham club facing relegation to the Championship. (Daily Mirror)
- Arsene Wenger is determined to stay on as Arsenal manager - and has targeted Southampton midfielder Victor Wanyama, 24, and Real Madrid midfielderToni Kroos, 26, as he plans to rebuild his squad. (Daily Mirror)
- The agent of 29-year-old Paris St-Germain striker Edinson Cavani says the Uruguayan is interested in working with Antonio Conte, who is expected to be the new manager at Chelsea. (Tuttosport via Metro)