The United Nations has marked 4 th February, 2016 as a day to raise awareness of cancer and...
The United Nations has marked 4th February, 2016 as a day to raise awareness of cancer and to encourage its prevention, detection and treatment all around the world.
It is reported that 24.6 million people live with cancer worldwide and about 12.5% of all deaths are attributable to cancer. In Africa, 650,000 people are diagnosed of cancer annually and lifetime risk of dying from cancer in African women is 2 times higher than in developed countries.
In addition, there appears to be more cancer incidents in women than in men – with breast cancer being the most common cause of cancer in Nigeria (Fatimah Abdulkareem, LUTH). The statistics are troubling and require we all come together to defeat the deadly disease.
In light of this, Teknon Football Club and Sebeccly Cancer Care are hosting #KickOutCancer. This is a one-day charity event to raise awareness of all types of cancer, carry out breast cancer screening and raise money to support cancer patients. The event holds on 7th February, 2016 at the University of Lagos Sports Centre at 4pm (YouTube Video: http://bit.ly/1NAGrDj).
The events on the day are;
- Two football matches featuring Teknon FC, Raptors FC, Sebeccly FC and Bee Hive FC
- Free breast cancer screening for interested people by Sebeccly Cancer Care
- Brief cancer talk by medical professionals from Mamie foundation
- Music from Cool FM’s DJ Mordu. You can also request songs to be played using the hashtag given at the venue
You can be part of this event by;
- Coming out to support the football teams
- Taking a selfie using the app NoHairSelfie and posting on Twitter & Instagram using hashtags #WorldCancerDay #WeCanICan #IAmTeknon
- Posting a picture with words of support written on your palm using the hashtags #TalkingHands #IAmTeknon
- Donating to support the cause
- Using the avi on your social media channels, Whatsapp, BBM etc
- Sharing tweets and posts from Teknon FC (@teknonfc) and Sebeccly Cancer Care (@Sebeccly) social media channels
- Sharing messages about cancer survivors.
For more information on this event, kindly call 08023694436/08036630001 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Together, we can eradicate cancer. Let’s come together and achieve this.
This event is powered by Parthian Partners, Hip Ensembles, Huntella Gadgets, TTYSoon, Twitter Premier League (The TPL), Printipal & Co, JOK Fasanya Foundation, Mamie Foundation, Wolexis.com