Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang banished ghosts of the past with the decisive penalty that enabled Gabon to become the first country to book the...
The Borussia Dortmund striker Aubameyang blasted home the decisive final kick of Gabon's narrow post-match penalty shootout win over Mozambique
|Aubameyang converted a penalty to level the score|
Ezekiel Ndouasel scored the winner in the 73rd minute although Egypt host the return leg on Tuesday in Alexandria and are expected to bounce back.
Islam Slimani netted twice in two minutes late in the game to see Algeria come from two goals down to draw 2-2 with Tanzania in steamy Dar-es-Salaam.
|Slimani scored a brace to rescue Algeria|
There was a seven-goal thriller in Addis Ababa as Congo won 4-3 away against Ethiopia, coming from 1-0 down to go 4-1 up before conceding two late goals.
Defensive midfielder Samba Sow scored a vital goal 10 minutes into the second half to reduce the deficit as Mali lost 2-1 in Botswana.
Matches on Sunday
- Uganda v Togo(Uganda leads 1-0)
- Rwanda- Libya(Libya leads 1-0)
- Zambia-Sudan (Zambia leads 1-0)
- Cameroon-Niger(Cameroon leads 3-0)
- Congo DR- Burundi(Congo leads 3-2)
- Equatorial Guinea- Morocco(Morocco leads 2-0)
- Guinea- Namibia(Guinea leads 1-0)